Soul Train

BeatdaddyBeatdaddy 22 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
is it possible to get 1970's Soul Train series on DVD?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I've wondered that myself.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Only on bootleg. I've seen the bootlegs.......

I read an interview w/ Don Cornelious. He said he was trying to create a SOULTRAIN cable channel. 24hrs of footage all day/night.

This sounded

Who knows what happened.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

i dunno about Ehhh... i've seen cool stuff... Maxayn performing was pretty hot and JB killed it...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I read an interview w/ Don Cornelious. He said he was trying to create a SOULTRAIN cable channel. 24hrs of footage all day/night.

This sounded

Who knows what happened.

He should partner with TVOne and at least get some of the old episodes airing. Old Soul Train and Body Heat episodes!

• damn a soul train channel would be fresh! id get all my new dance moves from there

• I'd pay to watch a 24-hour channel of just the Soul Train Line...

• is it possible to get 1970's Soul Train series on DVD?

i dunno about Ehhh... i've seen cool stuff... Maxayn performing was pretty hot and JB killed it...

just bought a bootleg DVD w/two complete episodes from '72 and '73...the one from '73 has curtis mayfield singing to a CENSORED "pusher man"

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    i was looking thru some VHS' the other day and discovered an old Apollo and Soul Train at the end of the tape. early 90's Soul Train is the true heat. spandex, day glo, and roger rabbit acrobatics. not to mention the haircuts.

• Dizzy sir, your MPM cut is fantastic! It is causing quite a stir on my dancefloors!

A while ago I was in Germany, the DJ I was staying with had loads of episodes on VHS which were recorded from the TV in Japan, they aired the series a while ago. It was amazing, JB's, Kool, Curtis, Honeycone doing 'Stick Up' blew my mind and Don's segues were hilarious. I can't beleive that the series has not come out on DVD really, it would sell big time I'm sure.
    Where are the booties selling?