Anybody have any info about this Jimmy Castor LP??

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Bought this last weekend.Wasn't able to listen to it but since I had never seen this before I thought I might as well give it a try.The lp is called The Jimmy Castor story "from the roots", it was released on a label called Paul Winley Records.Thick cardboard sleeve and the front shows Jimmy Castor in suit with a saxophone.Tracks are: Soul Sister / Rattle Snake / It's OK / A dream affair / Oh Susanna / Poor Loser / Block Party / It's what you give / Why / Trudies place / Fabulous New York / Hangin' OutApparantly it's from the sixties and it features soul and doo-wop tracks.Can anybody tell me anything about this record? Appart from all this it's not really my thing and I was wondering if anybody is interested in this.....it's in splendid condition.peace

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Apparantly it's from the sixties and it features soul and doo-wop tracks.

I think he had an affiliation with Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers before he did his solo stuff, but I don't know too much about his early years.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I had that record once. Basically it is a comp of his earliest work. Some of the tracks are clearly recorded off of other records (you can hear the pops/clicks and everything). Its not funky if that is what you wanted to know. I sold mine for $10, but that was about 4 years ago.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Bought this last weekend.
    Wasn't able to listen to it but since I had never seen this before I thought I might as well give it a try.

The lp is called The Jimmy Castor story "from the roots", it was released on a label called Paul Winley Records.
    Thick cardboard sleeve and the front shows Jimmy Castor in suit with a saxophone.

Tracks are: Soul Sister / Rattle Snake / It's OK / A dream affair / Oh Susanna / Poor Loser / Block Party / It's what you give / Why / Trudies place / Fabulous New York / Hangin' Out

Apparantly it's from the sixties and it features soul and doo-wop tracks.

Can anybody tell me anything about this record?
    Appart from all this it's not really my thing and I was wondering if anybody is interested in this.....it's in splendid condition.

peace

What is it you want to know? I assume you know about Jimmy Castor already. It's a safe guess you are familiar with Paul Winley. You've heard and dated the music.

Are you just trying to sell it?

Dan

• speaking of Jimmy Castor....

anybody know the deal on the Larry Levan edit 12" of Its Just Begun?

• haha...I am the official threadkiller!