edited November 2005 in Strut Central
scrambled for me. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• scrambled for me. peace, stein. . .

same..w/ cheese

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Scrambled with cheese or over hard with green Tabasco

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    egg whites with hollandaise sauce over a toasted sourdough muffin with a slice of avacado and a mimosa to wash it down

why sip malt liquor when you can have champaign?

• over medium so i can dunk my wheat toast in 'em. peace, pres.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    1 egg, 1 slice cheese, tomato slice, on a roll (no butter).

• autezautez 404 Posts
    microwaved on a bagel with pepperjack cheese and bacon and butter

• egg whites with hollandaise sauce over a toasted sourdough muffin with a slice of avacado and a mimosa to wash it down

dude, are you serious?? damn yall california peoples are bonkers

• My pops taught me the bullseye egg (or hole in one) - found no picture, but these directions:

The secret of the hole-in-one is a secret passed from generation to generation. The recipe is as simple as cooking an egg. Plus, it eliminates from your breakfast routine the tedious step of making toast. Think of it as wrapping a piece of bread around an egg. It requires only an egg, a slice of bread, butter (or margarine or non-stick cooking spray), a frying pan, a spatula and a stove.

Prepare the pan so the egg won't stick to it. This means either melting butter or margarine in the bottom of the pan or spraying it with cooking spray. Make sure the entire frying surface is coated or the egg will break when you cook it.

Prepare the bread so it won't stick to the pan. If you sprayed the pan thoroughly with cooking spray, this step can probably be skipped unless the surface of the pan isn't particularly smooth. Otherwise, lightly spread butter or margarine on both sides of the bread.

Start heating the pan on the stove on medium heat. Cooking times and temperatures will vary with equipment; in this case it's better to have the pan not warm enough than too hot.

Make the 'hole' for the hole-in-one in the centre of the bread. It should be about the size of an egg yolk, about two inches across. To be sanitary, you can carve the hole with a knife. If you don't want to dirty a knife, you can carefully fold the bread in half and bite the hole.

When the pan is warm, crack the egg and pour the contents into the centre of the pan1.

Position the hole in the bread over the egg's yolk in the pan and press the edges of the bread down with the spatula, being careful not to disturb the yolk. The egg will soak in and cook itself to the bread.

After the egg has cooked for a few minutes and you can see the yolk starting to solidify, use the spatula to flip the egg and the bread together.

Finish cooking the egg to your tastes. The hole-in-one is done when the egg is done. If you want a runny yolk that can be soaked up with the bread, you may be able to serve the hole-in-one once the top of the yolk has been sealed. If you want a solid yolk and more toasty bread, cook the hole-in-one longer on both sides.

And that's it. When the hole-in-one is sufficiently cooked, put the entire thing on a plate and eat it. If you avoided dirtying a knife in step four and aren't cooking more hole-in-ones2 for your friends, you can eat it right out of the pan, thus saving another dish. Try washing down your hole-in-one with cold orange juice; it's delicious.

only I use an upside down glass to make the hole in the bread, then use the "hole" to sop up the yolk.

Thank you Victor.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Eggs are for breakfast tacos period.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Eggs are for breakfast tacos and 2 AM period.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I'm going to try that tomorrow!

I'm a sunny-side up with rye toast.

• scrambled eggs, cheese,salsa,tortilla flour wraps and some other shit..jalapenos maybe?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    scrambled well with some garlic salt, pepper and parmesan cheese with wheat toast or over a half bagel.

where's the "fany" graemlin when you need it?

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    poached, wi avacado, banana chutney and pig on tosat.........me hungry and drisunk.

• egg salad sammmiches all day!

• Egg Beaters all day ehhh'day..... Normally with some 2% cheddar, onions, green peps, and tomato slices.
    Occasionally i get down and dirty and just drown em in hot sauce and ketchup...

~Crates

• Best comeback line ever -

Guy to woman at a bar: "So, how do you like your eggs in the morning?"

Woman: "Unfertilized."

• over medium so i can dunk my rye[/b] toast in 'em. peace, pres.

• scrambled for me. peace, stein. . .

Usually just egg whites with salsa, a little cheese, some mushrooms, spinach and hot sauce.

• poached.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    eggsalad on whole wheat w/ mixed greens and pickles...
    or huevos rancheros!

• My pops taught me the bullseye egg (or hole in one) - found no picture, but these directions:

The secret of the hole-in-one is a secret passed from generation to generation. The recipe is as simple as cooking an egg. Plus, it eliminates from your breakfast routine the tedious step of making toast. Think of it as wrapping a piece of bread around an egg. It requires only an egg, a slice of bread, butter (or margarine or non-stick cooking spray), a frying pan, a spatula and a stove.

Prepare the pan so the egg won't stick to it. This means either melting butter or margarine in the bottom of the pan or spraying it with cooking spray. Make sure the entire frying surface is coated or the egg will break when you cook it.

Prepare the bread so it won't stick to the pan. If you sprayed the pan thoroughly with cooking spray, this step can probably be skipped unless the surface of the pan isn't particularly smooth. Otherwise, lightly spread butter or margarine on both sides of the bread.

Start heating the pan on the stove on medium heat. Cooking times and temperatures will vary with equipment; in this case it's better to have the pan not warm enough than too hot.

Make the 'hole' for the hole-in-one in the centre of the bread. It should be about the size of an egg yolk, about two inches across. To be sanitary, you can carve the hole with a knife. If you don't want to dirty a knife, you can carefully fold the bread in half and bite the hole.

When the pan is warm, crack the egg and pour the contents into the centre of the pan1.

Position the hole in the bread over the egg's yolk in the pan and press the edges of the bread down with the spatula, being careful not to disturb the yolk. The egg will soak in and cook itself to the bread.

After the egg has cooked for a few minutes and you can see the yolk starting to solidify, use the spatula to flip the egg and the bread together.

Finish cooking the egg to your tastes. The hole-in-one is done when the egg is done. If you want a runny yolk that can be soaked up with the bread, you may be able to serve the hole-in-one once the top of the yolk has been sealed. If you want a solid yolk and more toasty bread, cook the hole-in-one longer on both sides.

And that's it. When the hole-in-one is sufficiently cooked, put the entire thing on a plate and eat it. If you avoided dirtying a knife in step four and aren't cooking more hole-in-ones2 for your friends, you can eat it right out of the pan, thus saving another dish. Try washing down your hole-in-one with cold orange juice; it's delicious.

only I use an upside down glass to make the hole in the bread, then use the "hole" to sop up the yolk.

Thank you Victor.

Most people call this a bird in a nest, or a bird's nest. I used to work as a short order breakfast cook and cook about 500 eggs every morning, so for a while I didn't want anything to do with eggs. Now I like eggs over easy or sunnyside up. If I have brunch where I work or go to another restaurant, I generally have eggs benedict, but I've never tried it with avocado like Guzzo said above... Sounds good.

• not on my face