the whispers on dove (45 heat related)

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
the whispers on dovei forget the name of the track, 'get your dance on' or something like that.. anyone up on this?.. the copy is saw had a HUGE chunk missing so i didn't get to hear it. how bad should i feel about leaving it behind?

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    the label is Dore, but not sure what track you're referring to,.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    the label is Dore, but not sure what track you're referring to,.

thanks A, sorry i can't offer any addt'l info about the title.. it was like 'get up & do your dance' or something.. basically a title that screamed FUNK. but it was the whispers?!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    could it be "the Dip"? its funky Soul... about a dance. came out twice with two different flips... and if it was damaged where you cant hear the full song it was better left behind. however, if it was clean enough you shoulda copped it. great tunes! worth some dough.

thats the only one that comes to mind that is a tune about a dance.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    could it be "the Dip"? its funky Soul... about a dance. came out twice with two different flips... and if it was damaged where you cant hear the full song it was better left behind. however, if it was clean enough you shoulda copped it. great tunes! worth some dough.

thats the only one that comes to mind that is a tune about a dance.

thanks for the help J. but it was a 5-6 word title with 'dance' in it. i'm getting the feeling this was RAER and HEAT.

hmmm... i know of like 10 whispers titles on 45 on the dore label and i have that lp on dore and none of them have the word Dance in it.

well... maybe that jazzman21 guy who started a whispers thread a few weeks? back can help you.

im no whispers historian but id be curious as to what you saw... can you just call the dealer who had it and have them check?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

im no whispers historian but id be curious as to what you saw... can you just call the dealer who had it and have them check?

done and done. i'm going back down there next week..

btw, got a whatnauts 'message from a black man' & little royal on trius!!

i like the whatnauts a lot... one day ill have the 2nd lp and all will be vanglorious...

dont forget to let me know about the Dore record... im very interested.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    vanglorious...

aww shit.. xclanspeak

i still rock their first album on tape at the house... i liked brother js voice. shit was hard to me back in the day...

• These are the only songs I know of released on Dore by the Whispers:
    -The Dip
    -Needle In A Haystack
    -Story Book Of Love
    -Dr. Love
    -As I Sit Here
    -You Got A Man On Your Hands
    -Never Again
    -You Can't Fight What's Right
    -I Was Born When You Kissed Me
    -It Only Hurts For A Little While

My guess would be "The Dip".

These are the only songs I know of released on Dore by the Whispers:
    -The Dip
    -Needle In A Haystack
    -Story Book Of Love
    -Dr. Love
    -As I Sit Here
    -Never Again

thats what i thought as well. i just put it on and they even talk about dancing. i wonder if it was a superbs track on dore? then again... hmmm.. i cant think of any superbs tracks either with the word dance in it... i guess the mystery will be solved when trew makes his way back down to the spot to pick it up.

i guess i could go back and look up the thread but why did you(jazzman) originally want a discography of the whispers LPs? hahah... that thread made me pull out all the whispers LPs. hadnt heard a lot of them in quite some time.

• These are the only songs I know of released on Dore by the Whispers:
    -The Dip
    -Needle In A Haystack
    -Story Book Of Love
    -Dr. Love
    -As I Sit Here
    -Never Again

thats what i thought as well. i just put it on and they even talk about dancing. i wonder if it was a superbs track on dore? then again... hmmm.. i cant think of any superbs tracks either with the word dance in it... i guess the mystery will be solved when trew makes his way back down to the spot to pick it up.

i guess i could go back and look up the thread but why did you(jazzman) originally want a discography of the whispers LPs? hahah... that thread made me pull out all the whispers LPs. hadnt heard a lot of them in quite some time.

I didn't want a discography of all their lps, just there albums pre '75 (Dore, Soul Clock & Janus). I would appreciate if you could post a pic of your Dore lp if it's not too much trouble.

BTW, If you find another copy of that Dore lp, please PM me.

• [I would appreciate if you could post a pic of your Dore lp if it's not too much trouble.

this pic was from a google and it shows as a jap p-vine issue which may be cd or vinyl, but same cover as the dore lp

• vanglorious...

aww shit.. xclanspeak