needle deal or not?

gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
New Stanton Trackmaster RS matched pair w/two extra styli for $120. If you have an opinion , give it. Thumbs up or down?

Comments

• Its not cool to share an opinion with a non-Heather if they don't know the secrete dick shake?

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Thumbs down on Stanton needles.

• why thumbs down? Depends on what you are using them for. For yeas the 680 was the shit...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    New Stanton Trackmaster RS matched pair w/two extra styli for $120. If you have an opinion , give it. Thumbs up or down?

price-wise that seems like a good deal.. but it's all about ortofons.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    why thumbs down? Depends on what you are using them for. For yeas the 680 was the shit...

For starters Stanton needles have a low outputlevel which I don't like. And the trackmasters needles have high cue purn and they skip a lot. I used to use and sell Stantons so I know what they're like. Ortofons are cool. They sound good but they also have a high cue burn I'm afraid plus they're over priced. I've moved on to Shure needles. I found them to suit my needs just fine.

• high cue purn

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    high cue purn

Ok funny guy Cue Burn

• New Stanton Trackmaster RS matched pair w/two extra styli for $120. If you have an opinion , give it. Thumbs up or down?
    Stanton = BURNS SHHHHHHHHHHHSHSHHSSHHSHHHHHHHHHHSHSHHSHSHssssssSHSHSHS

• New Stanton Trackmaster RS matched pair w/two extra styli for $120. If you have an opinion , give it. Thumbs up or down?

are you talking about the ones that are for final scratch, premounted on the headshell with one pair of spherical and one pair of elliptical stylus? if so, it's a good bargain. Use the spherical for playing out, and the elliptical for recording/sampling.

I don't know why all these fools are frontin' on stanton - the 500al were the industry standard before shure got back in the game. And orotfons got waaaaaaaaaaay more cue burn than stantons...