The Queen Of Soul in Louisville, KY tomorrow night

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Aretha Franklin blesses the stage of the Louisville Palace April 27 @ 7:30PM!!!

I spoke with HB Barnum (her musical director) and though he has no copies of America is Beautiful, he did laugh when I suggested they do One Step Ahead.

Tix are still available (about 200 left) at The Palace ticket office and all ticketmaster locations.

and if any strutters want to meet the Queen, let me know & I'll leave passes - PM me.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Aretha Franklin blesses the stage of the Louisville Palace April 27 @ 7:30PM!!!

I spoke with HB Barnum (her musical director) and though he has no copies of America is Beautiful, he did laugh when I suggested they do One Step Ahead.

Tix are still available (about 200 left) at The Palace ticket office and all ticketmaster locations.

and if any strutters want to meet the Queen, let me know & I'll leave passes - PM me.

I'd damn near catch a plane to see her. She has never performed anywhere near where I was at.

Amazing Grace - Precious Lord/You've Got A Friend
    Spirit In The Dark - When The Battle Is Over
    Old Columbia LP - Soulville
    1992 Democratic Convention - Star Spangled Banner

A few favorite moments.

When I was in Syracuse I heard Miriam Makeba was going to be in Rochester in a few days. I bought tickets and drove the miles both ways no complaints. I think it was her first time back in the States in decades. Hugh Masekala lead the band.

Give us the review.

Dan