RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Hi,I want to buy a CDJ. Can you recommend a good one?Thanks in advance.-- RAJ

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    pioneer cdj800

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Why not Dildo?

Man I can't believe we call it Dildo. Who started that?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    dil.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Why not Dildo?

I saw someone call it dildo on the hollerboard. So that is what I thought it was called.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dildo = Serato?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Dildo = Serato?
    yes
    it was a filter put on the hollertronix board because of every other thread being about that shit

yes

Dildo = Serato?
    yes

it was a filter put on the hollertronix board because of every other thread being about that shit

ha! brilliant

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    We can thank Mr. Allen Iverson himself for this one.

trendsetting in the most peculiar of ways.

We can thank Mr. Allen Iverson himself for this one.

trendsetting in the most peculiar of ways.

Actually AlienIverson just PM'd me and said it was Catchdubs, hah. No joke.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Catchdubs

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    pioneer cdj800

this works great for me, and I just have one that I use with my 2 tables. easy to use, and nice features, solid as they come. Has played every CD I have put in, home-burned or manufactured, clean or scratched up, I think also plays MP3s if I remember right(but I have never used that). Good machine that's worth the $$.

i have heard that the
    pioneer cdj800

is the best.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    i have heard that the
    pioneer cdj800

is the best.
    Got it and like it...don't love it because it's not vinyl, but it does the trick. Nice loop function and VERY dependable. Good choice..

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Why not Dildo?

All I know is, I said that out in public to someone who barely even knew what Serato was and felt all inside.

• pioneer cdj800

this works great for me, and I just have one that I use with my 2 tables. easy to use, and nice features, solid as they come. Has played every CD I have put in, home-burned or manufactured, clean or scratched up, I think also plays MP3s if I remember right(but I have never used that). Good machine that's worth the $$.

yeah, CDJ 800 is sweet, has all the same basic functions as the 1000 and is half the price. However, it does NOT play MP3s. Kinda strange as Pioneer is the industry standard for pro CDJs. But I think their next generations of these players will play MP3s but you didn't hear it from me...

• Denon S-3000 rocks my world, i need a moving platter...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    pioneer cdj800

• Yo Raj, do you have a spare laptop? I don't DJ a lot but I got Serato just because I had to get one or the other, and Serato's just so much more powerful. Even if you DJ like five times a year it's great. I had a laptop laying around though, Serato itself wasn't expensive.