Trap?

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Yo,Could someone from Down South plaese explain the term "Trap?" Trap Music, Trap house, Trap or die, Trap squad, etc. WTF is trap? I'm up in Seattle so I'm disconnected from the Southern streets.Thank you

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im not from the south, but I will throw in what I thought it meant.

Trap is like the game of Drugs and poverty. The streets. Its a trap you fall into.

am I close?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Trap=Hustle.
    Simple and plain.
    This dude I work with (who happens to be from Savannah, GA) told me what it means.
    Hope that helps.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    it's the house that you sell drugs out of

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    or your hood, corner ect - the boundries in which you control.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Yo,

Could someone from Down South plaese explain the term "Trap?" Trap Music, Trap house, Trap or die, Trap squad, etc. WTF is trap? I'm up in Seattle so I'm disconnected from the Southern streets.

Thank you

Oh yeah, ask M*tt when he get's back from the A what trap means!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    or your hood, corner ect - the boundries in which you control.

Guys, as a noun, it means the drug game--that's the primary definition.

As a verb it refers to the practice of selling drugs--it may eventually become synonymous with overall hustling, but at this point it's still pretty specific. Anybody that is, say, making money in the record game would be out of line if they tried to refer to themselves as a trapper.

The geographic stuff is secondary to that and only applies if that's where you're actually doing business. When somebody says that they spent the night in the trap they mean that they spent the night making money, not that they spent it just hanging around their neighborhood.

--your favorite trapper's favorite SoulStrut poster

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And a word of advice to you little dudes with all your questions about trappin':

And don't talk to square n****s, you know, spongebobs
    Kanye West n****s, they be talking through the wire, dawg

• RECORD TRAP!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

RECORD TRAP!

DOPE!