Aloe Blacc: Ordinary People rmx 12" AVAILABLE NOW

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2005 in Announcements

1. "Ordinary People" Aloe Blacc Latin Remix: Who would have ever expected this song to be a salsa hit. Aloe Blacc introduces the song with an energizing trumpet fanfare that leads the way for the rhythmic sounds of Latin percussion. The highlight of the song is the breakdown where Aloe brings in the refrain of Stevie Wonder's "My Cheri Amore." Recently, John Legend performed this song with Stevie Wonder at the BET Music Awards. "That was exciting!" says Aloe, "I had sent the song to John Legend's management, but I never expected elements of my remix to materialize in a live performance."

2. "Ordinary People" DJ Day & Aloe Blacc Mix: This mix is perfect for the mature lounge and the eclectic deejays who appreciate soulful rhythm. Co-produced by DJ Day of the Innernational Crew (www.innernational.com), the English language version with DJ Day will appeal more to the hip-hop heads, with a nice rolling head-nod beat sitting underneath Aloe's sweet vocals.

3. "Severa": A classic Ismael Rivera song from the 1960's. Aloe Blacc grew up listening to salsa and other Latin rhythms played by his parents and family who are natives of Panama. "Ismael Rivera is a favorite for all Latinos and after making the Ordinary People remix, I had to make this classic salsa song available on vinyl." This tune is a complete and thorough cover of Rivera's original that is now out of print on vinyl. Guaranteed to be a collector's item because this song is impossible to find on vinyl!!!

4. "Ordinary People" Spanish Version: Aloe Blacc puts his vocals to work on this complete Spanish translation of "Ordinary People." This version is not available anywhere else!!!

(Instrumentals for the Latin remix and Severa included)

Available at:
KSDMusic Turntablelab
Juno.co.uk Wordandsound
Fatcity.co.uk

And for my Euro brethren:

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I want one copy!!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I want to peep the vocals before I decide.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    2. "Ordinary People" DJ Day & Aloe Blacc Mix: This mix is perfect for the mature lounge and the eclectic deejays who appreciate soulful rhythm[/b].

the definition of grown & sexy?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    LA folls can cop it asap @

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    What label is this on? Didn't Dirty Mo put out one of his 12s or was that just Emanon?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    What label is this on? Didn't Dirty Mo put out one of his 12s or was that just Emanon?

It's on Aloe's own label, Under Clover. He's done stuff with a gang of people from The Jazz Liberatorz to Ta'Raach (Lacks) so I couldn't tell you right off.

• I want to peep the vocals before I decide.

You think you could regale us with examples of lyrics that would sway your decision one way or the other?

Oh, and massive props to Day for once again proving that he is SoulStrut's most talented man.*

*That's right, folks: he's officially post-op!