Real World Detroit

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
or Royal Oak I guess...it's coming.

Comments

• "MTV told me they wouldn't use Peaches as a cast member so I told them to take that shit to Oakland County!"

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

no fuckin way.

• or Royal Oak I guess...it's coming.

no fuckin way.

i thought they would have gone through the other cities 6x over before coming here

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

no fuckin way.

i thought they would have gone through the other cities 6x over before coming here

yeah, where's my Real World SE DC?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

no fuckin way.

yeah, where's my Real World SE DC?
    that's way too real for TV.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

I heard about this two weeks ago. I was told it was just a rumor, then a week later... I hear it's official.

I guess someone's got to go to Woody's and get wasted every night, acting like they're helping with Super Bowl 40. Then get sent on an exotic vacation for getting taped to do all of it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I've been to Detroit a few times....

God must hate you people

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

• I've been to Detroit a few times....

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

id rather be in detroit than anywhere in ohio

God must hate you people

Ed, yer killin' me (again)

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

Detroit is life without parole

Cleveland is the death penalty

D.C...................................eternal damnation

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

hahahahaha. YES!!!

Hey hey HEY!
    I mean, I don't wanna live in the District again til the price of homes comes down (A LOT) and until they get a new Mayor(soon) and some voting rights in Congress(never), but I think your assessment is a tad severe, MrPowers.

but I think your assessment is a tad severe, MrPowers.

.... [color:white]i'm trying to stir this place up today [/color]

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

I really wonder sometimes where people go when they come to visit my city. Yeah, 45% of it is in bad shape, but there's a whopping 55% people forget about.

Can Real World happen in the city of Detroit? Umm, not really... but if they can do it in fucking Austin, TX, then shit... hell yeah you can!!! The kids go to the same bar every night now anyway. We got one bar they can go to that will stay open past 10pm. Pssssssssssssssssh!

If Dave Chappelle ever gets his way, then I hope they hold that one version of his Real World in the D.

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

I really wonder sometimes where people go when they come to visit my city. Yeah, 45% of it is in bad shape, but there's a whopping 55% people forget about.

Can Real World happen in the city of Detroit? Umm, not really... but if they can do it in fucking Austin, TX, then shit... hell yeah you can!!! The kids go to the same bar every night now anyway. We got one bar they can go to that will stay open past 10pm. Pssssssssssssssssh!

If Dave Chappelle ever gets his way, then I hope they hold that one version of his Real World in the D.

i think they will shoot it royal oak, theres plenty of the real world types there [young white upper middle class], if they shot it in detroit i think it would be more interesting to say the least

waiting for one of the hot girls to go out with one of the indie rock superstars of the detroit scene

"i just made out with a 40 year guy who lives with his mom collects comic books and smokes crack in his spare time, but he's in a band" "

"oh what intrument does he play?"

"the vacuum."

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

hey now!

• If they are just looking for a big violent city, they should hit up Baltimore or DC first. Maybe Chicago would be cool. Did they do Chicago yet?

• How about Real World Trenton, Camden or Asbury Park?????

true dat!

fuckin shooting here in the AP the other day..i'm sayin..real world producers where you at?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    How about Real World Trenton, Camden, Asbury Park or Atlantic City[/b] ?????

true dat!

fuckin shooting here in the AP the other day..i'm sayin..real world producers where you at?

"This is the true story, of seven strangers picked to live in an abandoned building on Cookman Avenue...."

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

God must hate you people

We a'ight.

i think they will shoot it royal oak, theres plenty of the real world types there [young white upper middle class], if they shot it in detroit i think it would be more interesting to say the least

waiting for one of the hot girls to go out with one of the indie rock superstars of the detroit scene

"i just made out with a 40 year guy who lives with his mom collects comic books and smokes crack in his spare time, but he's in a band" "

"oh what intrument does he play?"

"the vacuum."
    LOL

But they could situate them in Midtown and get some protection for the production crew, so the fiends don't get ahold of their equipment.

Hipsters are slowly taking over Detroit.

If they are just looking for a big violent city, they should hit up Baltimore or DC first. Maybe Chicago would be cool. Did they do Chicago yet?

Yes. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

• "This is the true story, of seven strangers picked to live in an abandoned building on Cookman Avenue...."

or bangs, or west lake, or somerfield...yo don't forget atkins!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    How about Real World Trenton

that's whats up

birdman - rumor had it that they were planning to film a real world adams morgan about a year ago. supposedly mtv bought the space above maggie moos. real world crooked beat.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

"EW!"

I like Detroit as much as anyone, but frankly it's a fucking shithole.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

"EW!"

I like Detroit as much as anyone, but frankly it's a fucking shithole.

Shiiiiiit, Saginaw makes Detroit look like fuckin' utopia (my late grandparents and other relatives on ma'dukes side live there). Saginaw even makes Beirut look like a tourist spot. The land time, and the automobile industry, forgot. Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio or Gary, Indiana either. Real gully!!! And, the westside of Baltimore would be interesting too. I use to visit "The Corner" weekly as a kid since my relatives lived there (I spent a lot of my growing up years in Maryland). I was there in summer of 2003 and it looks 1,000,000 times worse than in the 70's. Damn!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio o

one of the midwest's weirdest towns evar...