Ron Isley could face up to 26 years!!!

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
*A federal jury in Los Angeles has convicted Ronald Isley of five counts of tax evasion and one count of willful failure to file a tax return, putting the singer at risk of spending up to 26 years in prison. Prosecutors claim Isley attempted to evade the IRS by demanding that his millions of dollars in performance fees earned between 1997 and 2002 be paid in cash.[/b] In addition to the tax charges, Isley was accused of cashing royalty checks issued to his late brother, O'Kelly Isley, and others, using the money to support a luxurious lifestyle. At one time, he owned an 87-foot yacht, expensive cars, and homes in Los Angeles and St. Louis. The government said Isley created a network of bank accounts and shell corporations to hide his income. The 64 year-old Isley Brothers frontman, who married his 20-something background singer this past August, must return to court for sentencing on Jan. 9 Less Pimpin and more defending... Source

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    he probobly kept the $$ "between the sheets". nyuck nyuck nyuck

• demanding that his millions of dollars in performance fees earned between 1997 and 2002 be paid in cash

Shades of Chuck Berry...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    To save himslef he'll have a lot of Work to do (i didnt dare use these puns but you opened the ball)

• should've kept it on the down low.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    At one time, he owned an 87-foot yacht, expensive cars, and homes in Los Angeles and St. Louis. The government said Isley created a network of bank accounts and shell corporations to hide his income.

pimpin ain't easy.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    At one time, he owned an 87-foot yacht, expensive cars, and homes in Los Angeles and St. Louis. The government said Isley created a network of bank accounts and shell corporations to hide his income.

pimpin ain't easy.

YA HEARD

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Let this be a lesson people. DO NOT try to get over on the IRS! When they get hip to your game, BIG TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    When you're balling that hard it's tough to 'slip under the radar'...

---

• IRS will get there money regardless. Death & Taxes. Nuff said.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    should've kept it on the down low.

Ron probably wants to take a "Journey to Atlantis" to escape the feds!!!! You can't put one over on the world's #1 pimp (Uncle Sam). Pimp-slap in effect, boyeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• shoulda put that yacht "on the lay away"

• demanding that his millions of dollars in performance fees earned between 1997 and 2002 be paid in cash

Shades of Chuck Berry...

without the dookie

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    shoulda put that yacht "on the lay away"

The feds are gonna suck up his loot with a "Vacuum Cleaner".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• hopefully he can do a college speaking tour about the importance of paying taxes. i remember back in high school we had a speaker come that was a airplane pilot(doing runs from columbia to miami) for john deloreon and his message was dont get mixed up in drugs. peace, stein. . .

hopefully he can do a college speaking tour about the importance of paying taxes. i remember back in high school we had a speaker come that was a airplane pilot(doing runs from columbia to miami) for john deloreon and his message was dont get mixed up in drugs. peace, stein. . .

Or, he could give "older dude" makeovers for over-the-hill playa-types, complete with Nice & Easy dye jobs and hair relaxers. Old dudes in the club gotta look chill too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• How do people in this day and age believe that they're gonna get away with making millions and not reporting all of the income to the IRS? If you really ain't paid maybe you can slip under the radar, but if you gettin' that gwop you CAN'T f**k around with the tax man! And they can pretty much do what they wanna do once they get your ass. I hope Mr. Biggs enjoyed that opulent lifestyle... looks like it's gonna be a little different for hommie for the next few years.

"'cause I'm about to catch a case..."

• Options
    IS that his 20something wife? She don't look 20something.

K.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    IS that his 20something wife? She don't look 20something.

K.
    but she does look oh-so-tappable.

• Options
    I simply said she didn't look 20something...

K.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The Heat Is On. Soon, Ron'll be Givin' It Back.