Tea or Coffee "recipes"?

brodambrodam 46 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
greetings soulstrutters. what are your favorite tea or coffee concoctions? i've been mixing with a cheaper chrysanthemum green tea, no sugar. great hot and even better iced. oh ya my name's karl, long time lurker, and i like records. peace

Comments

• By strictly answering the question in the subject:

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I've been getting into the Greek Coffee. I'm lovin this shit, especially when it's really sweet.

As well, there is a coffee (probably really common, but I can't remember the name) that is made in New Orleans and it tastes like a perfect mix of regular coffee and greek and/or turkish coffee!

Of course, all that shit with the brown sugar.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Dan90059 offered me some arabic coffee last time I was over there and I've gotta say, that is, by far, the best coffee I've tasted. It's ground up with spices (cardemom and cinnamon I belive) and requires no additive. YUM!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I made this last night:

Boil a pot of water and add sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved, add a pinch of baking soda. (The baking soda's supposed to keep it light in color.) Remove from heat and drop in one bag each of these for 30-40 seconds (too long will be too dark):

Allow to cool and pour in tea jar. Mix in tap water to fill jar. Serve in a tall glass over ice, kick your feet up on the coffe table and place hand (left or right) in pants Al Bundy-style.

Mmmmmm...

Herm

P.S. In case you can't tell by the picture and/or read Dutch or whatever that is, the flavors are Mango, Peach, Orange and Mountain Berry.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

is that a rusty can you are drinking from?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Clear, with a 20% chance of Godzilla flying over. [/b]

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Mint Green tea. In a tall glass. Sweetened with honey. Add French vanilla cream. Good Chilled or Hot.

- spidey

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    buy some korean USA grown ginseng
    chop it up

throw it in water

boil/microwave

drink

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    2 recipes

Chai: This indian conction that has been starbucksed is fucking great!
    Infuse black tea with a stick of cinnamon and nutmeg (wild out on the spices its all good) then add warm milk and mad honey...and bam! In india street venders this is the shit.

This last thing is senegalese recipe i had the pleasure of enjoying its a fireside tradition there.
    They boil super dark tea leaves with the water (pasta style)in the tea pot and add mad sugar then use tea glasses and do a drip transfer from glass to glass going progressively higher and higher until the tea is clear enough and foamy. Tastes super intense and concentraded but is drunken like a turkish coffe `shooter` they reuse the same tea and boil like 3 times. Keeps you up at night.

Finally my classic is expresso+brown sugar plus make a pinhole in your little milk goblet and spray to create foam

• hear these make a great tea...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    My favorite for years...

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Is this some secret message thread about the last track in...