Halloween Parties---the best DJ gig?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
No warm up needed. You roll in at 9:00pm and play anything. People go nuts. Maybe because people loose their inhibitions with costumes? Whatever. It's great.

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah thats about right.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    yeah, I have only done a couple, but they ahve been off the hook!

I wasnt even at my best, more concerned about drinking and lookin at the "good girls" that use holloween as an excuse to be sluts.

but yeah, roll up, start, and people go nuts early. no effort needed.

ALL DJ GIGS SHOULD BE LIKE THAT>

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    yeah thats about right.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    We shall see....this one I am doing Saturday nite has become a sort of pain in the ass...first it was a house party, then they added a band or 2, now a "hip hop guy"(their words) is going to be doing a set too...

Me, I like shit simple, as Fatback described. Roll in, set up, play, people dance, end of the night...everybody leaves.

But I am gonna make the best of it! By the time the band is done people WILL be ready to dance.

Anyone in DC interested in a costume party on Capitol Hill(in a very cool house, used to be a corner store), PM me for directions/details bands will probably start at 9 and go thru 11pm, so I will be in effect after that.

Mylatency, this is the same house party space that Fatback brought you to when you were in DC that time! I owed the host a favor so here I am doing a free Halloween party!

• Is anything going down in Richmond this weekend? Last year the girlfriend and I were moving on Halloween which sucked. We need some halloween action this year.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The short answer is yes. You could, but don't have to, put any effort into your own custome. Either way, hotties will be coming to you all night long, dressed variously as school girls, prostitutes, flappers, or even the rare skanky "concept custome" (i.e. the Freudian Slip) and ask you to play party jams that you will more than likely play anyway. "Baby, I'll play 'Controversy' just for you." It's like the Thanksgiving of the DJ holidays; all the fun of Christmas (or, in the DJ world, New Year's Eve) without the stress of wrapping/buying presents.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    One year these two babes wearing white mini skirts and tight t-shirts covered in three digit numbers approached the decks. After a second, I said "oh I get it. You're hoes in different area codes." Chicks just role that way on all hallows eve.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

People are gonna die at this.

-e

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    One year these two babes wearing white mini skirts and tight t-shirts covered in three digit numbers approached the decks. After a second, I said "oh I get it. You're hoes in different area codes." Chicks just role that way on all hallows eve.

That's a cool idea for a custome. That song runs through my mind every couple of weeks.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    It's like the Thanksgiving of the DJ holidays; all the fun of Christmas (or, in the DJ world, New Year's Eve) without the stress of wrapping/buying presents.

well put.