DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hope google puts those fuckers out of business

• Wow.

Ebay is ok... Paypal on the other hand is the fuckin' devil... Worst customer service ever.

• So, there is an Auction option?
    Upload info for an item and set your on timeline and bidding options?
    Don't really get it yet...

So, there is an Auction option?
    Upload info for an item and set your on timeline and bidding options?
    Don't really get it yet...

It dunno if it's so much an auction as of yet. Looks like it's headed to maybe something to take on craigslist. Not sure about that yet tho (I'm not fully understanding it myself yet). But I bet they are going to tie this in to take on the bay.

• hmm, interesting. Well, you can bet that whatever moves google is making, they're probably going to be innovative and well executed.

gBay.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Anybody been checkin' this out??? I don't know if this has been posted yet...

http://base.google.com/base/welcome?conturl=http%3A%2F%2Fbase.google.com%2Fbase%2Fdefault

Isn't doing anything for me.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "Google to Offer Giant Web Database
    By Nate Mook, BetaNews
    October 25, 2005, 2:17 PM

Let the "All your base" jokes begin. Google is preparing to unveil a new service that will serve as a giant Web database for miscellaneous content submitted by users. Called Google Base, the site will host all types of items and make them searchable through the use of "attributes," or tags.

Google says examples of items that could be added include a description of your party planning service, listing of your used car for sale or a database of protein structures. Standard Google searches, including Froogle, could even include Google Base items if their relevance is high. Google is expected to launch the service today at its invite-only Zeitgeist conference."

Yah, not quite gBay yet but CL is gonna take a hit if Google can consolidate cities. Craig gonna have to step up his game, or get bought out.

• So it's like XML for people not hip like all that?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    So it's like XML for people not hip like all that?

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts