Mix Archive

DJelV2000DJelV2000 322 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I know this has been disgussed to death, but I just broke out anold ass hip hop mix I did about 5-6 yrs ago and the shit was startingto sound all crackely...WTFI thought the cd's would outlive all my busted cassettes but they are startingto get de-magnitized or somthing. is there any way to salvage old mixes? I did not save them to hard disc or floppy, and the freestyles/mix pieces are long gone....and I just finnidhed a new soul mix and I want to find a way to archive it so that this shit does not happen again. any advice much appreciated, y'all...

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i think getting one of those 60GB external harddrives is worth the investment.

everytime i do a mix i open up a new folder and save everything in there including the final mixdown.

in that case you got all your work documented, and can always go back to polish it or change things up.

plus ya can carry that hardrive out and about.

just my 2 cennie.

• I don't do the computer thing, I got a roland 1680 and an external CD burner...
    Once I archive it to disc I will often take the recording off the 1680's hard drive
    so I can do another mix...

God this sucks

• anybod else have this problem?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    what do you mean getting crackely? This kinda freaks me out cause since I've started selling records, I've invested quite a lot in burned CD copies thinking "ah ha! I can keep the music & make money!" If CDs get weird, I'm kinda screwed.

• I mean like when a tape got put on a magnet and shit went
    all screwey... it makes a cutting out kinda sound that makes the cd
    unlistenable.

So f**ked up.

I got a coupela old mixes that are boned unless there is a way to restore
    them.

the weak thing is that some are OK. It may be related to the kind of CD or
    somthing to do with a stand alone burner.

Unfortunately the ones ruined always seem to be the good ones.

also making a copy form the copy does not clean it up, it just gets worse.

Anybody know the deal?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    fuck