Back Yard BBQ Tune Suggestions...

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
Beautiful day in Charleston SC...gonna have a keg and bbq with some homies. Gotta playlist carved out with nuff' tunes but I can never have too much and I'd love to get the (most respected) Strut's 2 cents...

It's a gorgeous spring day and you're hosting a party from 3pm till whenever....what are you playing?

Thanks y'all...hope your Saturday turns out as pretty as this one is over here...

PS- you know I have my entire PUTS catalog locked and loaded....can't wait to hit some Betty's over the head with "Beer" when the moment is right.

Comments

• Haha Just from the title alone I was going to suggest that BBQ joint from Fun DMC "oh shit another barbecue..." Good to see another P fan in the house.

DJ Jazzy Jeff's Summertime mixtapes work wonders, they're underground enough to keep the heads happy and mainstream enough to keep the non-heads happy, but not too much of either to piss off the heads or alienate the non-heads (there must have been an easier way for me to say that)

Here's a download link to part 2 at least: http://mickboogie.com/2011/07/summertime-2-is-here/

Also check out Unlearn by the YoungBlood Brass Band, it's a brass band (obviously) who do funky break beaty style music, not tried it out at a BBQ but it's perfect to drive to with the top dropped in the sunshine, drive home after a heavy night out...
    Discogs: Youngblood Brass Band - 2000 - Unlearn

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are a couple:

Have a great time!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    BBQ Band - On the grill

• unityunity 179 Posts
    MAZE. If I were BBQ-in', I'd probably play joy & pain on repeat. Not really about BBQ-ing specifically though. Just the vibe.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Just Hangin' Out"

OG, then remix, then OG again.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Fela is always nice, or one of Frank's Voodoo Funk mixes

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Thanks all....all this shit is amazing. Last night unfolded beautifully. First time I've thrown a keg'er in a loooong time....shit done changed...kegs are expensive as hell now!