Looking For Record Collectors

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
I???m working on a documentary project that will be profiling all kinds of vinyl collectors in the upcoming summer all across the US. We???re looking for subjects who not just collect vinyl, but may have unusual vinyl collections, and are characters themselves. If you are, or know of someone who would fit this profile, please direct message me. Also, if you know of any celebrity collectors, let me know as well. I appreciate your help guys, any information you could pass on would be great. Thank You.

Comments

• carlislecarlisle 11 Posts
    I know a guy by the name of Rob Bruce that would fit the billl. If he's not busy talking about himself or filming niche comedy, I can see if his people will draw up a contract. RVP for president.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    you should check out eilon paz's blog (google it) and stay abreast of his other related projects. very similar in nature

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    There is a guy who I see at the spot who just buys records with cars on it. For some reason I would like to see pictures of his collection. Even though I always found it strange to have such a collection. Does he even buy records to listen too?

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    carlisle said:
    I know a guy by the name of Rob Bruce that would fit the billl. If he's not busy talking about himself or filming niche comedy, I can see if his people will draw up a contract. RVP for president.

tell em steve dave

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    You should holler at Danny Holloway and/or Frosty over at Dublab. Both would be interesting subjects for sure.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I know there are a lot of Beatles collectors out there, but John McBride's is :face_melt: reportedly has more copies of Yesterday & Today than anyone. Plus he's married to Martina McBride (big country singer), is a sound designer and owns Blackbird Studios in Nashville.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Just watched a pinball doc and learned about this dude (he claims that aside from following pinball he is a huge record collector)....

If he fits your bill he is all over the web and I'm sure easy to get a hold of.

Either way...I've learned the pinball nerd world is freakishly similar to the record world...we are fucking geeks, yo.