What tha DRILLZ?????

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
What's up Strut-fam!

It's been while, but I'm Georges Sulmers. Some of you might remember me - I've been out of the loop for a minute (have I really not posted since the new version?)

So I'm about to have my first child! A baby girl is gonna bless the world in May and I think I'm gonna have some 5 in the morning sessions to lurk/post so I figured I'd come back to the place where hanging on the net was cool.

For those that know me - let's catch up!

For those with newborns and want to drop jewelz -DROP IT (like does one really have to get a storage unit for the collection or just a bigger house?)

peas!
G

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Georges!?

Congrats and welcome back!

A lot of strutters have been having babies lately so I'll let them chime in.

My young ins will be 6 and 8 this year so it's a whole new level of coping.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    RAJ said:

Did need/want to do a bit of purging of stuff? I'm trying to get focused on trimming down the doubles world.....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Sup fam, welcome to the daddy club.

Might want to store those sealed ones in a climate controlled underground bunker. haha. But for real though all I do is play my girl records and she just giggles and smiles and then she gets mad at it and wants a change of scenery. I guess I'll report back when she starts crawling and leaving a path of destruction in her wake.

We're hoping to move into a bigger place soon but for right now it's ok - she doesn't take up much space.

Congrats dude!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    yoigotbeats said:
    RAJ said:

Did need/want to do a bit of purging of stuff? I'm trying to get focused on trimming down the doubles world.....

Oh yes. Sad to say that it's just NOW??? 6 years later??? that I have time again to go up to my office and listen to a whole side of a record.

So, the joints with a song or a break or a cool cover went to eBay or Goodwill for me. The extra cash aloud me to buy some top notch photography equipment to take quality pictures of the lil ones.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Sup fam, welcome to the daddy club.

Might want to store those sealed ones in a climate controlled underground bunker. haha. But for real though all I do is play my girl records and she just giggles and smiles and then she gets mad at it and wants a change of scenery. I guess I'll report back when she starts crawling and leaving a path of destruction in her wake.

We're hoping to move into a bigger place soon but for right now it's ok - she doesn't take up much space.

Congrats dude!

JP!!!!

them sealed jawns may wind up on your doorstep......

The space issue is crazy! My wife doesn't want to use her book shelf for our books because it's "Her room." I'm like "She's not going to have that many books and we got mad shelves!!"

• Congrats, Georges! Our daughter will be 3 this summer. Our old record room is her room, and the records and decks are in the basement. So it goes. We listen to a lot of MP3s these days.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Georges!

congrats! and yeah lets catch up. i havent seen you since chicago like 3 years ago.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Congrats! My daughter is 19 months. Whole lot of fun at this age, but a ton of work too. Seeing how fast they learn in the first couple of years is amazing. Just take the time to enjoy it, even the stuff that kind of sucks.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    congrats georges! welcome back

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Gorgeous G*orges! Good to see people popping their head back in on the Strut. Congrats on the child!