swine flu

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
Any of y'all ever had it?

I'm getting my first taste. I rate it 0 out of 5.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sorry to hear that.
    Rest up and stay positive.

b/w
    Never.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Thank you, Dan. I've slept like 42 of the past 48 hours. Haven't taken any drugs for it. Shit truly sucks, hardly any sinus/congestion issues save a sore throat, but nausea and aches and outright worthlessness in spades. If I ever find out who gave me this shit...oh yeah, you said stay positive. That's good advice.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my co worker had it. Dude was mad weak for a long minute. Shit is raer.

wash yo ass

• west nile and i got cozy back june. 16 days straight in bed. lost 21lbs. a couple bags of saline solution, 3 extra strunff advil every 4 hours and a few cases of gatorade and i was back my feet.

sleep. drink. sleep. drink. sleep.

don't try to force your way out of it, i tried to start retraining my muscles to walk too soon after pretty heavy atrophy and almost ended up back in the bin.

stay safe and take care of yourself.

• Oh a uy wh works for me had that during the summer!
    Quarantine yourself and take Tamiflu and rest until you are fully healed so you don't get a secondary infection like pneumonia. Did you get prescribed an antiviral?

No doctors, no drugs. Hoping to get out of bed by Sunday afternoon, which has me double-booked for a dj gig and basketball practice. I can take the lumps as my body works it out. I just don't want to get anyone else sick. ONE DEEP IN THIS BITCH!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Who and how diagnosed Swine Flu?

I hear it can take 14 days to get over it, but if you take some drugs you will be fine in just 2 weeks.

Well, the person I got it from, the doctors can't figure out what she has. She's been laid up a few more days than me, so like over a week now, worthless. Another friend suggested to me that it may be swine flu, so we did our research and my symptoms certainly match...namely sudden onset, sustained nausea, and lack of sinus/congestion issues. Hopefully, it isn't actually swine flu...I don't know for sure, but I feel without doctors I'm still faring better than my friend who has been to the doctor 3 times already, taken their drugs and they've yet to id what she has nor made her any better yet. I'm definitely feeling better today, but am sticking to the bed at least until tomorrow. Actually, I need to go back to sleep right now.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Well, the person I got it from, the doctors can't figure out what she has. She's been laid up a few more days than me, so like over a week now, worthless. Another friend suggested to me that it may be swine flu, so we did our research and my symptoms certainly match...namely sudden onset, sustained nausea, and lack of sinus/congestion issues. Hopefully, it isn't actually swine flu...I don't know for sure, but I feel without doctors I'm still faring better than my friend who has been to the doctor 3 times already, taken their drugs and they've yet to id what she has nor made her any better yet. I'm definitely feeling better today, but am sticking to the bed at least until tomorrow. Actually, I need to go back to sleep right now.

I just figured when you said first taste, you meant one of the symptoms was a persistent bacony flavor.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Who and how diagnosed Swine Flu?

I hear it can take 14 days to get over it, but if you take some drugs you will be fine in just 2 weeks.
    not for nothing, dan... but i think 14 days = 2 weeks

I'm in my 4th week of Pneumonia right now. At first i figured it was a cold, braved a trip down to dc, worked 3 days and djed 2 nights. When i coughed so hard my lung collapsed, i bruised my ribcage, and i broke all the blood vessels in my eyes, i figured it was time to see a doctor. My insurance ran out 2 weeks before the onset of symptoms, so I went to the minute clinic at cvs. The woman there told me I probably had pneumonia, but i would need a chest x-ray to be certain. I asked what the treatment was, and she said "antibiotics." So then I asked what the treatment was for Bronchitis, and she said "antibiotics." I looked at her sideways like and convinced her to just write me the prescription.

I got through a week of the ABs and felt a lot better. 2 days later, it came back like a ton of bricks. I went to another doctor who told me I should have been prescribed twice the amount, and that I was probably resistant at that point. Now I'm on round 2, and haven't really been social on any level for almost a month. Now I need some antidepressants!

anyways... get better harv, and anyone else battling a bug right now.

Dang, Tom, that's harsh. Best wishes, man.