mob style .. hip hop circa 91'

sbonesbone 144 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
hey was wondering if anyone could school meon "mob style" i know they released a couple ofindy joints back in the day but ive only been able to find game of death ... but im after the track "gangster shit"... please anyone

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    hey was wondering if anyone could school me
    on "mob style" i know they released a couple of
    indy joints back in the day but ive only been able
    to find game of death ... but im after the track
    "gangster shit"...
    please anyone

I got both tapes on mp3 for u dude...

• Is there some type of interesting back story on these guys,I was just wondering as they have cropped up a couple of times and i know nothing about 'em ???

• gangster shit was on their first lp "the good, the bad, and the ugly"on grove st records I think?. I guess it's a better lp than game of death. Those dudes were down with Alpo right? Something like that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Good The Bad The Ugly is the first joint.

Game of Death is the second.

AZie was down w/ Alpo,Rich Porter & the rest of the 132st Harlem dudes.
    Paid in Full the movie is about thier comeup.

AZie has a solo album called Streetwise - Ive never seen iy in the field but i have a dub that my peeps gave me when it came out.

Pretty Tone Capone has an EP w/ Gangsta Shit Part 2 & Kidnapped - str8 HeatRashes

Str8 real dirty Pre-dipset Harlem Gangsta shit that was responding to the studio gangsterism of NWA. The lyrics arent all that, but the feel is crazy authentic.
    The production is ameteurish, but thats was makes is good. My entire hood was rockin these albums when they came out. Its was the real, compared to the overproduced slick gangster shit that was comin out in NYC at the time.

The DL from Streetwise & Game of Death is that shit...

At the show, back seat, down low, w/ this ho, she wasnt mine-
    Just in case I brought along the nine -
    Her fa**ot-ass man tried to get outta line-
    "whatchu doin w/ this Ni**a!!!" - My finger was on the trigger-
    Cause he was much much bigger - Tall-
    The bigger they are the harder they fall.....

I forget the rest.

I think there some images here..... TOP CRACK RAP ALBUMS

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    i remember hearing "gangster shit" and thought it was well ahead of its time when it came up...
    the paid in full movie was a good watch too!

i remember hearing "gangster shit" and thought it was well ahead of its time when it came up..!

Nah its just Cypress Hill's Real Estate beat slowed down - nothin special in terms on production.......but in terms of feel....

• batmon said:
    Pretty Tone Capone has an EP w/ Gangsta Shit Part 2 & Kidnapped - str8 HeatRashes

Arise thread!

Damn, have been importing all my old CDs that have been in storage and came across this one. Discogs didn't have a complete tracklisting for the CD single/EP I got so I googled to see if I could find it and this thread was in the top 3 hits.

Anyone who is interested I can upload these tracks. Pretty good 90s rap with a strong Kool G Rap vibe.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    batmon said:

Arise thread!

Damn, have been importing all my old CDs that have been in storage and came across this one. Discogs didn't have a complete tracklisting for the CD single/EP I got so I googled to see if I could find it and this thread was in the top 3 hits.

Anyone who is interested I can upload these tracks. Pretty good 90s rap with a strong Kool G Rap vibe.

i am very interested. the movie was better than i thought it would be. still, would love to see a big budget vers of it made one day.

anyone have a rip of Streetwise? my tape version is suspect.

• @sirus: coolio, I'll get on it when I get home from work.

What's the preferred file sharing service nowadays? It's been a while since I used one besides dropbox.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i like mediafire. seems to give me the least hassle.

• best NY gangster rap video ever:

Pretty Tone Capone: Case Dismissed

It's pretty bugged to me that they were sampling the Unemployed in 1992.

:face_melt:

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    SIRUS said:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ok, raise your hand if you've ever been in the jumpoff section of black star video.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Thanks y'all for putting me up on this.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    J-Zone's Mobstyle appreciation is essential reading, I forgot that they dissed NWA hard:

http://www.egotripland.com/j-zones-mob-style-appreciation-post/

Also, Pretty Tone Capone had another song that was only on a Source promo CD: