NY DJs???Anyone want to DJ a private party this Friday?

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
It's a Halloween party at Fatty's Cafe in Astoria. You'd need to provide your own equipment and not be too expensive. If interested, shoot me a PM.

Comments

• ResidentGiant and I deejayed there a couple months ago and it was a good time, ok pay. I'm in Vegas this weekend though.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    ResidentGiant and I deejayed there a couple months ago and it was a good time, ok pay. I'm in Vegas this weekend though.

Right on. RG lives pretty much right across the street, from what I understand.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    PMt

• lol, strut to the rescue...

I've done the past 2 halloween parties there and had a good time.. I would've said yes but work's got me pulling some long nights this month.
    It's small but the crowd is usually chill and down to hear whatever... though you might have to play some Bon Jovi if Billy's tending bar :P

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I wonder if the threshold of pay for me to be forced to play a single Bon Jovi song would be considered "too expensive"

• bull_ox said:
    I wonder if the threshold of pay for me to be forced to play a single Bon Jovi song would be considered "too expensive"

This would constitute my requiring a medium-range wedding rate. Bon Jovi request? Then you are paying my rent this month.

• if you can't bring yourself to play 4 minutes of the hair featheringest, cock-rockingest, titty-showingest bon jovi in a room full of drunk girls dressed like sexy kittens and vampires....... needless to say we can't party together.

They decided to hire an iPod. Pretty much the decline of Western civilization in a nutshell right there.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    A 20Hz sine wave radiates into a bar, barman looks up and says: "Hey man, why the long phase?"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    if you can't bring yourself to play 4 minutes of the hair featheringest, cock-rockingest, titty-showingest bon jovi in a room full of drunk girls dressed like sexy kittens and vampires....... needless to say we can't party together.

Okay.

• Worst thread ever complete with lame outcome involving ipods, tighten up your promotion game jeesh

Deegreez said:
    Worst thread ever complete with lame outcome involving ipods, tighten up your promotion game jeesh

You serious? It was a request I passed on from my fiance's boss.

• DB_Cooper said:
    Deegreez said:
    Worst thread ever complete with lame outcome involving ipods, tighten up your promotion game jeesh

You serious? It was a request I passed on from my fiance's boss.

No I'm not very serious, it was just a terrible outcome, enticing hopeful DJ's and then deflating toward the inexorable default of an ipod. I know you are not trying to be Don King over here

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Selection is what matters--not some dude doing zigga ziggas.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Daddy's girl learned fast all those things he couldn't say.

• Duderonomy said:
    A 20Hz sine wave radiates into a bar, barman looks up and says: "Hey man, why the long phase?"

touche

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    They decided to hire an iPod. Pretty much the decline of Western civilization in a nutshell right there.

That makes sense. iPods have an uncanny ability to really read the room.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    DB_Cooper said:

That makes sense. iPods have an uncanny ability to really read the room.

Steve Jobs dickriders, MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

• Siri: Can you play something we can dance to?

• Duderonomy said: