Kimbra - Plain Gold Ring

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central

I'm really feeling this Nina Simone cover, and I've been delving deep into Nina Simone stuff lately, on a related note. NZ singer but she recorded this live at a studio in Melbourne.

Last song I played on repeat related.

Comments

• come the fuck on

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    The diva hands add authenticity.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Not really feeling it, and I think she dances worse than Winehouse.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I figured this wouldn't meet strut requirements for good, but then again you never know.

I still ride.

• frenziefrenzie 174 Posts
    I don't claim to know much about Kimbra, and I wouldn't say I'm a fan of her music - I haven't even watched the video.

But there is certainly something about her that I respect - and I think it's because she is doing Pop music on her own terms.
    Over here in Aust / NZ, where the pop charts are dominated by manufactured rubbish like beeber or whaterver, it's refreshing to see someone who actually makes their own decisions get some airplay.. She writes (or at least has a big hand on) her own material, has a talented bunch of local musicians / producers dudes behind her, sells out performances, and generally plays by her own rules.

Recently she paired up musically with another Australian performer of similiar ilk status, and ended up on the ipod of every teenager in the country..
    So yeah, keep doing your thing girl..