ja'net dubois lp

davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
so I bought this record several years ago at the sound library in the dollar bins below and I have never seen it again. it' self-titled on peanuts and caviar productions from 1983. i put the song queen of the highway on the kings of diggin' as well. i am just curious to see if it's worth anything. anybody in soulstrut land know the deal?
amir

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    she got slow jams?

• hmmm maybe a couple and also moving on up in on here too. i mean that is to be expected...

davidwingate said:
    hmmm maybe a couple and also moving on up in on here too. i mean that is to be expected...

A Movin On Up remake in '83, with modurn beats?

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Some background on the album: According to Jet magazine in May 1983, this was her debut album. Peanuts and Caviar was actually her own production company. Her next record was to be an exercise album after she lost some weight, although I don't know if it ever was recorded.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=260694598428

Seems worthwhile, particularly cuz the condition on the listed one was G+. Seems like jheri curl treasure to me. Uptempo dance jams? Steppers? Sherman Helmsley cameo?

after Dubios,Carter, Jackson, and Walker, i fantasize about Bernadette Stanis having an album.

i think its time for the tri-annual Good Time Appresh thread........

I remeber the fund raiser they had for Gary Colemans school or somethin, and most of them perfromed.

micheal and wilona sang, penny did somethin i think,Thalma danced, and bookman did impersonations.

I would like to hear the ralph carter album

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    people sleep on that Esther Rolle LP

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    best know for her appearance on the "Jeffersons" program.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    batmon said:

No you wouldn't, believe me. PM me your address and I'll send you one. I have a few to spare.

Breez said:
    batmon said:

No you wouldn't, believe me. PM me your address and I'll send you one. I have a few to spare.

haha...........PM sent