Another edition of glasses Strut: Transition lenses (Am I a Senior Citizen?-R)

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
I've heard in passing seems like dozens of times that the glass lenses that switch from regular to sunglasses are no good. Yet, I want to believe differently as they seem so very convenient: Needing to carry one pair instead of two. What's the consensus, stay away or not a bad buy?

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    These types of glasses tend to be associated with child molesters more so than senior citizens I thought.

• i know exactly what you're getting at here, the convenience of it all makes it sound like a good idea. the problem is, it's simply not a good look. what kind of sunglasses do you wear vs. eyeglasses? are they the same? would you be caught dead wearing clear lens aviators? wayfarers? oakleys?

when fashion and style bends too far to accommodate function you become one step closer to trading in your wardrobe for a closet full of beige snuggies.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Probably not a good idea.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    A friend has those lenses in his regular glasses. The tint takes a few seconds to kick in, and looks weird when its active.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I often wear sunglasses over my eyeglasses.

• i rock dark lenses so people cant see me squinting.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I wear aviators so Strut-groupies don't mob me on the streets.

• I wear aviators so Strut-groupies [del]don't mob me on the streets.[/del] can
    watch you weave then breathe your story lines

YOU'VE BEEN COREY'D

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Alright dudes, I am going into LensCrafters tomorrow with a few talking points. No transitions. Shouldn't be a problem, considering I'll be again buying two pairs of glasses. Can't not be rocking subscription sunglasses, we know that.

• scripted sunglasses are great! i would buy a pair if i wasn't so poor.

but transitions. please no. my dad rocks them. he is always trying to get me to buy a pair.

I wouldn't mind if the lenses get super,limo dark.

but they don't. they become gray.

remember in the 90s when everyone was into glasses with a ridiculous tint? purple, grey, yellow....well I guess that alone pretty much sums it up. do not buy em.

now if you find a kick ass set of frames, why not get scripted shades??? the ray bans im rocking were originally sunglasses frame.

if you find a cool set of frames, go for it.