Who is ebay seller slickrick.1988 [Toronto] ?

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
I dropped a lot of money with this guy over a month ago, and as of yet, no product to show for and no reply to any of my emails. I checked his feedback profile and it resembles more of a ruined hellscape than anything that should be on ebay. I know he advertises on here... can anyone vouch for or tell me whats up with this dude? I'd still like my stuff as opposed to a paypal refund.

Comments

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Just wondering if its anything to do with that Canadian postal strike, maybe clearing the back log ?
    But that doesnt excuse no reply to emails
    I've dealt with him before seemed ok

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    = Roneazy

Had a bit of trouble with him last month with probably around $80 worth of stuff. The records eventually came after a month and a half and two inquiring emails that never got responded to. My friend from SF ordered shit from the same list and still hasn't gotten anything yet.

Good luck!

• oh the ironing

I have followed the story from day one, and in a general sense, my heart sincerely goes out to people who have been ripped off buying records.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/39695/

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Well, it looks like everyone who left positive feedback did so 6-8 weeks after their item closed, and everyone who left negs did so at the one month point. So hopefully R from Canada is just a remorselessly slow shipper (as well as a habitual non-emailer) and will soon be VINDICATED!???

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What's his full government name?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    dbl post

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yes. We did have a postal strike.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I just got some mail from 2 months ago if that means anything...

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    haven't gotten anything from ron in a year or so but i've bought lots of records from him over the years and never had a problem (there was never a postal strike going on when i dealt with ron though). can't imagine why he'd take this long to at least respond to you guuys though. hope he's ok cause this is not normal for him.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This is very common in the canadian record community. Yeah I'm back and with a generalization

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    JLR said:
    This is very common in the canadian record community. Yeah I'm back and with a generalization

You are sorely missed.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    JLR said:

You are sorely missed.

I'm slowly getting into records again which means I'll be soulstrutting and waxiderming more often now.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    even with the postal strike the records i ordered from RAJ were here in 5 days...and that was after watching the news go on and on about Canada Posts backlog....