Undiscovered Funk? Fatelics - Super Motion (For the Living)

samosachaatsamosachaat 8 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
About 10 years ago I bought a box of reel to reel tapes at a garage sale... finally had a chance to start going through them. Found this track on a demo tape labeled Fatelics. Trying to do some research to track this group down, if anyone has any information on the song or artist please let me know. Thanks

Comments

• Anyone?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    No idea, but thanks for sharing! Great track.

• What a find!
    If you can't track them down after doing due diligence, you should release it anyway, setting money aside for them in escrow.

• Thanks for the input. I was also curious if this was an original song... sounds like it to me & no one has identified it yet. There are 4 other tracks on the demo, 3 of them (including this one) are real standouts. There's a deeply soulful ballad that had my head spinning, sophisticated, jazzy arrangements... high-quality stuff. Will try to post soon.

Believe it or not, I've already been approached by a fairly well known reissue label to talk about comping the track. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it at this point. I really want to track down the artists before making any decisions, but that seems unlikely.

I still have several more tapes from this collection to sort through. Found another that's a clear winner, the label identifies the band as the 'Soul Rebellion'... unfortunately the tape was quite old and brittle and it snapped twice in the first 20 seconds of playback. Decided to box it up until I can get it to someone with expertise in handling old tapes.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    What a find!
    If you can't track them down after doing due diligence, you should release it anyway, setting money aside for them in escrow.

Take this advice and flush it down the toilet.

Find the band and make it happen. I can definitely assist you in tracking the band.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    1 - This is really good

2 - Do you know where they were from? Or where it was recorded?

3 - I would think twice about having the entire song up on Youtube.

• Horseleech said:
    1 - This is really good

2 - Do you know where they were from? Or where it was recorded?

3 - I would think twice about having the entire song up on Youtube.

1. I agree.

2. Indianapolis

3. Thought it was safe as this is a low quality MP3... Probably should take it down & edit.

samosachaat said:
    Horseleech said:

3. Thought it was safe as this is a low quality MP3... Probably should take it down & edit.

Aah, I couldn't tell because I was listening on crappy computer speakers.

Still, a bootleg comp of Brazilian psych/soul just came out and I'm pretty sure they used youtube clips as sources for some of the cuts. Unfortunately, there are people that do this shit.

• TNG said:
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    What a find!

Take this advice and flush it down the toilet.

Find the band and make it happen. I can definitely assist you in tracking the band.

So if you can't find them then you should do nothing?

• Horseleech said:
    samosachaat said:
    Horseleech said:

Still, a bootleg comp of Brazilian psych/soul just came out and I'm pretty sure they used youtube clips as sources for some of the cuts. Unfortunately, there are people that do this shit.

Point taken. Will re-upload as a snippet later. Thanks.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    It is a cool cut, and once/if it is ever re-issued, let us all know about it. Thanks for poasting.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    samosachaat said:
    Horseleech said:

A comp of garage cuts came out in the 80's with a track that was recorded over the phone unbeknownst to the person who played it over the phone.

Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    samosachaat said:
    Horseleech said:

A comp of garage cuts came out in the 80's with a track that was recorded over the phone unbeknownst to the person who played it over the phone.

:next_level:

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    let us know when you re-upload a snippet. really want to hear this now!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    let us know when you re-upload a snippet. really want to hear this now!
    ditto

• ok... here's the edit:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    wow, that seems like an awesome find!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    THAT SHIT IS HOT FIYAH!