Mexican Pointy Boots

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    This has been making the rounds for a few months now. Still not sure if I believe it though.

• straight Keebler.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Herm said:
    This has been making the rounds for a few months now. Still not sure if I believe it though.

The local Pulga in Dallas has literally 1,000's of pairs of these for sale.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Herm said:

Well there it is! I wonder how long before they make it this way. It's been a few months since I've been to the swap meet, so they may already be here.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Herm said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Herm said:

Well there it is! I wonder how long before they make it this way. It's been a few months since I've been to the swap meet, so they may already be here.

I've been told that this is a big craze in two places...a small town in Mexico and Dallas.....seems crazy to me that it would be isolated to those two places.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1387604/How-Mexican-men-embraced-bizarre-trend-pointed-footwear.html

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110516/ap_en_mu/lt_mexico_pointy_boots

I think it's important that they're dancing that "tribal shit." Mexican and Chicano culture has a rich history of adopting odd fashions like suspenders, high pants, zoot suits, dancing to narco corridos, etc. This is not surprising, but it looks fairly ridackulous and possibly uncomfortable. But they like it, so whatevs.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    this is some clown shit.

• "In 3 days I made a pair over 7ft long"

:feelin_it:

• dbl

• I thought / wished the thread subject was MEXICAN BOOTY POINTS.

:hayek:

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    more curly than pointy.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Herm said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Herm said:

I've been told that this is a big craze in two places...a small town in Mexico and Dallas.....seems crazy to me that it would be isolated to those two places.

The small town is Matehuala, in the San Luis Potos?? desert.

What's interesting is that the biggest and oldest early reggae /rocksteady band in Mexico is from there, and the drummer is one of the first guys to get into 60s jamaican music in the country. He even has a self-published book about skinhead culture and reggae.

I went there in 2006 for a weekender and it's one of the most boring and horrible towns I've been to. But it's also interesting in some ways. The main church in the main square is a (much smaller, of course) reproduction of a french gothic cathedral, and it hasn't been finished after more than 100 years. And, I kid you not, there was not a single place that offered 'real' coffee, it was all Nescafe.

Wierd place, that's for sure.

• djkingotto said:
    more curly than pointy.

• djkingotto said:
    more curly than pointy.

• There are three people on Texas Death Row just for having "Bush Sucks" bumper stickers wearing Mexican pointy boots.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Herm said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Herm said:

Whenever I come up to DFW, I hear the best possible bassy Mexican music EVER on the radio. They don't play that stuff on the Mexican stations down here in Austin. Sheeit, I'm coming up next weekend and I can't wait to tune in.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Dante said:
    And, I kid you not, there was not a single place that offered 'real' coffee, it was all Nescafe.

I've done some work with Nestle, and apparently, Nescafe is unbelievably popularly among Mexicans and Chicanos.

No, gracias.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I was in a band in Texas called The Pointy Shoe Factory, but we did not know about this

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    Dante said:
    And, I kid you not, there was not a single place that offered 'real' coffee, it was all Nescafe.

I've done some work with Nestle, and apparently, Nescafe is unbelievably popularly among Mexicans and Chicanos.

No, gracias.

peru as well right

bass heavy and latin music go together like coffe and cream

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Thank you for posting this clip. :oof: :lol:

6:58 to 7:02 is begging for an animated avatar.