Stanley Cup Final

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
you guys about to watch this go down? downtown vancouver is packed with drunken hosers who are so going to riot if we lose. anyone in or from boston care to make it interesting?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    anyone in or from boston care to make it interesting?

it's already very interesting.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    where's the animated gif of the Sedin punching bag?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Pretty clear cut case of good guys v. bad guys. Burrows is a biter, Rome is a cheap shot artist, the Sedins don't have a single testicle between them, and Luongo has the self-confidence of a 13-year-old girl. Good luck.

I'm half kidding. ;)

But only half.

DB_Cooper said:
    Lebrongo

RAJ said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Lebrongo

Where's Harvey when you need him? Hearts o' milk dud-related.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Looks like all the action's on teh Facebooks.

I will say this???I respect the skill the Canucks bring. Perceived cheap shots aside, the Canucks are a very worthy opponent and possible Cup winner. That said, I'ma watch some hockey.

• i just pity all of you having to sit through the NBC broadcast.

they keep referring to the boards as "the wall"......

:nagl:

• and the ref's have totally swallowed their whistles. looks like neither team is going to be able to showcase how bad their power play units are tonight.

• oh man.

Boston Pizza

First, this:

• as with life: losers lose and winners win.

congrats to the bruins and the city of boston.

Then this:

vintageinfants said:
    as with life: losers lose and winners win.

congrats to the bruins and the city of boston.

You are a man of grace and tact. And a hell of a good sport. A thousand blessings on you.

• WHERE'S SOULONICE? IF HE'S NOT OUT GETTING RINSED WITH BOOZE AND GLORY IN THE STREETS THEN HE NEEDS TO GET IN HERE SO I CAN CONGRATULATE HIM.

few rode harder for the bruins than that man.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    1st hockey game (match?) I've ever watched.
    USA! USA! USA!

THE BETTMAN BOO!

• bad look for the city right now

• Congrats to SoI, gareth, DB and even Nomore I reckon. Hope you guys party it up tonight. It feels great when no one gave you a good chance don't it? Also, perhaps karma was at play in this series as well.......

• crabmongerfunk said:
    bad look for the city right now

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Congrats to SoI, gareth, DB and even Nomore I reckon. Hope you guys party it up tonight. It feels great when no one gave you a good chance don't it? Also, perhaps karma was at play in this series as well.......

I can't pretend I was behind the Bruins all along, because I gave up on them long ago. Shitty absentee ownership and a horribly run league related, like a lot of people. But I've been watching the last three series and really got into it and remembered how much I liked watching hockey as a kid, both the Bruins and the Whalers (used to go to those games when they were based in Boston because you could always get tickets or sneak in).

So they sucked me back in. Like I don't spend enough time watching sports as it is.

Also, Tim Thomas is a space alien or a cyborg. And this "playoff beard" business makes hockey players look like record collectors.

A fun night, and the fireworks in my neighborhood just died down about half an hour ago.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    just saw Vancouver on the news, heady shit.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    bad look for the city right now

The riot story actually kicked out the actual Bruins-winning-the-Cup off of New York Times' Top News -- which is dubious for us cheapskates that have already read our 20 free articles of the month. Alas, at least eight stabbings, 60 emergency room visits and 10 cars overturned.

And to think, perhaps Chicago was one Patrick Sharp putback away from beating the Canucks in overtime in Game 7 way back in the first round of the playoffs, which felt like it was in 2010. That could have been us rioting!

I said before the game, as did many, that if Boston scores early and first, all bets are off, and indeed.

Congrats to Boston. Tim Thomas is truly that dude.

DOR said:

Thanks for this link. Crazy indeed!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is fuckin bananas. People w/pics of themselves committing acts of theft, vandalism, looting, rioting, arson, destruction of property? Another story mentions racial elements and *some* Boston fans involved, as well as anarchist groups? WHAT'S THE HELL?!

I like this quote, apropos and not surprising:

One looter managed to break into Chapters bookstore, but apparently no one bothered entering.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I'm not usually for the cops beating the shit out of people, but these dumb fuckers deserve a head cracking.

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    This guy.