Music Software #Bar related

DaptunesDaptunes 55 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Any Strutters out there that have any experience with software for playing music in bars.

Needs: correcting the audio levels of individual tracks/seemless playing/tempo matching and possibly allowing bartenders to influence style.

I know I tunes/Mediaplayer/whatever will work fine with well edited and balanced tracks in premade playlists by genre...but for the time being this is just too much work.

Any knowledge is appreciated.
cheers
Daptunes

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    Daptunes said:
    Any Strutters out there that have any experience with software for playing music in bars.

Needs: correcting the audio levels of individual tracks/seemless playing/tempo matching and possibly allowing bartenders to influence style.

I know I tunes/Mediaplayer/whatever will work fine with well edited and balanced tracks in premade playlists by genre...but for the time being this is just too much work.

Any knowledge is appreciated.
    cheers
    Daptunes

plaese to explain.

• DaptunesDaptunes 55 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Daptunes said:

plaese to explain.

well the place I'd need this for is right next to a huge concerthall - sometimes the vibe/crowd is more rock/sometimes more jazz/soul... it would be good if bartenders could tap into this vibe by selecting a certain playlist or so

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Daptunes said:
    tap into this vibe

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    not to offend all of our drink slangin' members here, but in my personal experience they are not the best people to turn to when dictating a playlist. leaving it open to them would create musical bedlam. not only are they already working, and therefore should be too BUSY to be choosing songs (possibly creating a rift with the guy signing their cheques), but they usually don't know how to properly craft a playlist which would make YOU look like a hack.

if they were dj's, they wouldn't be bartenders.

bring on another dj who specializes in genres you aren't familiar with, or the whole thing goes to hell in a handbasket.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Ha. Until you mentioned the word bartender, I thought you meant bars as-in measures.

Mixmeister is worth a gander.

As far as I'm aware, it caters for:

Predetermined playlists
    Correcting the audio levels of individual tracks
    Seemless playing
    Tempo matching

I'm not sure if they tested it on bartenders though.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    xm/sirius hook up?

The-gaffler said:
    Daptunes said:
    tap into this vibe
    sorry about that - I didn't sleep well and that makes me talk like Jessica Fletcher

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I know it doesn't support tempo matching, but wouldn't Pandora work for the rest of it?

DB_Cooper said:
    I know it doesn't support tempo matching, but wouldn't Pandora work for the rest of it?
    you're talking about http://www.pandora.com/?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Daptunes said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    you're talking about http://www.pandora.com/?

That's the one. Pick a song you like, and it'll just keep feeding you other stuff the music genome project thinks you'd also like. Give it a shot and you'll see what I mean.

• maybe you could take a look at "aircore":
    http://www.mp3-software.info