What stocks you buyin' right now?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
I'm looking at Shimano and Canon, should have bought Caterpillar when i had the thought to two years ago.

what you likin'?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    My Logitech stock took a major shit the last couple weeks. I'll probably hang on to it though. I can't tell wtf is going on with the market these days.

Paging SWEEN...

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    oracle, luk, msft, jpm, pfizer.

better question, which blogs/twitters do you follow for info?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    In the words of Tony Randall, "We're advising our clients to put everything they've got into canned goods and shotguns"

Every day, Wall Street seems like more and more of a sucker bet. I'm pretty much forced to invest my 401K retirement nest egg into stock based mutual funds, which based upon past performance is a pretty safe bet against inflation. But when companies that were bailed out for their foolishness so that they didn't go belly-up are already giving out massive bonuses, it seems like they're more dedicated to the short-term gain for commission rather than shepherding investors money into a solid, capitol gaining ventures.

• edulus said:

werd...

I have been toying with the idea of forking over the dough on a Motley Fool subscription, anyone have any experience wiht it?

• concentrated orange juice

• Buying Australian Uranium, Paladin/Rio Tinto.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    stocktwits network has a nice variety of viewpoints.

http://stocktwits.com/blogs

when i feel like gambling, i use fiercebiotech to keep up with that sector.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I've been out of the market and investing in fuel efficient vehicles. Scooters and 4 cylinder cars. Getting 200-300% ROI in a month.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    edulus said:

werd...

I have been toying with the idea of forking over the dough on a Motley Fool subscription, anyone have any experience wiht it?

edit: motley fool stock advisor, plus a ton of others you can sample here for a 14 day free trial.

http://zepinvest.com/latestArrivals.aspx

Most of them are crap. "Consensus Bullish" is always going to be bullish, Value View Gold Report is never going to say: don't buy gold.

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts

• Options
    Soulstrut talking about stocks again, time to tighten up the stops and raise some cash!

I'm not really buying anything right now, sitting on a few things waiting for my stops to get hit. Also don't follow any particular blog or newsletter religiously, mainly just check on certain ones every once in awhile to look for new ideas. Have gotten burned so many times by blog/newsletter/IBD pumps I've lost count. Stocktwits is alright, but increasingly loaded with bullshit and 9 out of every 10 posts are AAPL related. There are some knowledgable people on there, but having a good filter for garbage info comes in handy. Lots of cheerleaders tweeting for the sake of tweeting ("AAPL needs to catch a bid here" "FCX looks ready to go" "CBI is soaring")

I know a guy who uses Motley Fool with some other things, he does alright I guess. Never hear him complain about how much things cost, that's a good indicator as far as I'm concerned.