Who Rocks a Flask?

2»

Comments

• I rinse it thoroughly with water, no soap, then drip dry, just like a tea pot.

Yup, use really really hot water, and drip drying is important so you don't get any mold in there.

• i would think pulling out a flask at a funeral is a bad look, but maybe not...?

Nah, grieving and drinking go hand in hand. Pretty good also to either relax or get some courage if your giving the eulogy.

• i would think pulling out a flask at a funeral is a bad look, but maybe not...?

Nah, grieving and drinking go hand in hand. Pretty good also to either relax or get some courage if your giving the eulogy.

yeah the last funeral i went to everyone got hammered. but maybe that is just an irish thing. um, there were also balloons there.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I definitely like the look of a half-pint in the pocket.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I love flasks. My work gave me one with the company name on it.

• I definitely like the look of a half-pint in the pocket.

Touche, sir, touche

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i got one that is flask and cig case, so its perfect for the all day concert thing. but not much capacity so ive done it up with grain.

but if i ever saw someone with a flask at the club or like a party, they are either spiking drinks or they are one of those weirdos that control everything that goes into their bodies.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I definitely like the look of a half-pint in the pocket.

Touche, sir, touche

ha ha

the last memorial i attended served shots of jameson and cans of tecate and coors light. of course, it was for a bartender. was definitely feeling it.

the last memorial i attended served shots of jameson and cans of tecate and coors light. of course, it was for a bartender. was definitely feeling it.

most of the funerals i've been too have been for pretty old folks and most of the mourners were pretty old too. probably why i haven't witnessed the funeral flask, but i'm loading mine up for the next one!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    They are great at the posh bars. I enclose mine with Seagrams "7". Man, I never thought of being at a funeral having a drink.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    all day with this rap souffl??

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    a flask is a must for any backcountry excursion where weight is an issue. beer's too heavy to lug on a hike or whatever, so I'll go for a flask even though I'm not a whiskey type. the wine flasks are pretty cool too. flasks on the bus seems a little sad though.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Who needs a flask when you have the whole bottle, or at least that's what The-Gaffler told me.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    mr.brett said:
    Who needs a flask when you have the whole bottle, or at least that's what The-Gaffler told me.

You've become quite the drinker! ;)

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Got a flask for Christmas, yay!

Thus far its seen a lot of action at concerts. Don't want to bother wrestling my way to a packed bar when I can bring my own in my pocket.

Re: Funerals.

Went to my grandmothers funeral last month. The hosts brought out 10 crates of Cava. A funeral is a celebration of a lifetime (a lifetime that has ended, but still).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    flask at a theatre for a play is so necessary
    Movie is no brainer
    Concert and bar as well, ususaly it makes my drink better and i still buy at the bar
    if your going to pre smoke in front of a venue for any activity why not double your intoxication

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Routinely rock a small flask with some middle-grade whiskey, currently Jameson, and it has served me well in times of need and especially in the winter. Ask me for a pull. No funnel, though -- I just slowly pour over the sink and lose barely a drop.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i've got the mini funnel that doubles up as a shooter glass if you overpour

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    elise said:
    mr.brett said:

You've become quite the drinker! ;)

Ha, not drinking in undergrad was a terrible decision.

Last time the Gaffler came to Chicago, he brought a small bottle of Jack in his coat pocket.