Dope Sound Tracks

2»

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• I dont know if this belongs in this thread or the disappointing soundtracks thread, but this is some music myself and the drummer of the band we were in did used in one of David Gordon Green's (Pineapple Express, Eastbound and Down) early movies;

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

a couple of obvious ones that I am a little suprised no one has mentioned yet

• You said dope, right?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Breez said:
    batmon said:
    I havent heard Seba Baby in a long minute, and I recall it not having the smae bite as Foxy Brown even Coffey.

I need to cop and check out again. I recall it being a little bit more Polished BlackEXP sounding.

You remember correctly. It is pretty polished compared to others. I always enjoyed the Coffey best. All are great sound tracks though, Coffey's just a bit grittier, IMO.

I prefer Foxy Brown > Coffey, but two different style IMO. Jazzy Funk/Soul vs Funk Soul.

Willie Hutch's vocals and arrangemsnt on FB are bananas...IMO.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I actually think my first ever post on Soulstrut BITD was talking about this piece. Love this record...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    tabira said:

WOW

This movie appears to literally have it all. Not a stone left unturned. Must investigate.

• This one is a lot of fun. Not necessarily something I'd regularly kick back to, but has loads of synth stabs and genre appeal.