PUTS - Beer Video

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central

:beer:

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Snake Plisskin, eh? :beerbang:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    So nice! The scene with Thes pouring beer all over 10 white girls in the bathroom is outstanding.

• rad. beer is good.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That dunk tank looks COLD.

F*ck Federal laws that ban breweries from selling beer direct to customers. I'd buy a case of Odell and Yuengling right now.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Love it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I like.

• spelunk said:

F*ck Federal laws that ban breweries from selling beer direct to customers. I'd buy a case of Odell and Yuengling right now.

Never understood that either. Although I've picked up cases direct from Three Floyds brewery before. I think you gotta pay at their brew pub though so it might be some little loophole they found.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    This video is to much fun. Can we please get a remix with Tash, J-Ro, and King Tee.

minneap said:
    spelunk said:

Never understood that either. Although I've picked up cases direct from Three Floyds brewery before. I think you gotta pay at their brew pub though so it might be some little loophole they found.

Yes, post-prohibition federal law dictates a three-tiered system of breweries, distributors, and retail/bars. It is illegal for a brewery to ship direct to retail or bars, or individual consumers, they must go through distributors.

Breweries get around this by setting up their own bars/shops to sell through, but the legal stuff around this is tricky.

The reason this persists is that it maintains the Coors/Bud/Miller dominance, because they setup their own distributors, pay off stores, etc. If this system were eliminated and beer because just like any other product/market, it would let smaller breweries cut away at the market share of the big three.

Imagine a world where you could have a case of beer from anywhere in the states shipped to your door, direct from the brewery. DUDE.

• YNOT said:
    This video is to much fun. Can we please get a remix with Tash, J-Ro, and King Tee.

I'll drink to that!

• Word to Cas, this Buds for you!!

:shit_yeah:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    the disco joint was fresher

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    spelunk said:

Imagine a world where you could have a case of beer from anywhere in the states shipped to your door, direct from the brewery. DUDE.

AKA credit card debt?

:hi: :beer:
    :face_melt:
    :beerbang:

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Two weeks ago I got so drunk I fell down a flight of stairs on the way to the mens room at some dive bar
    it still hurts like a motherfucker - especially when I sneeze or laugh - I think I have a bruised rib -
    when I tell people I hurt myself playing sports, theyre impressed - when I tell people I fell down the stairs drunk, theyre less than impressed.

Yo man- people need to start freeing their minds

bw

last friday my man dropped this track while we were dj'ing and blew my mind - i think its my fav puts tune

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    spelunk said:
    minneap said:
    spelunk said:

Yes, post-prohibition federal law dictates a three-tiered system of breweries, distributors, and retail/bars. It is illegal for a brewery to ship direct to retail or bars, or individual consumers, they must go through distributors.

Breweries get around this by setting up their own bars/shops to sell through, but the legal stuff around this is tricky.

The reason this persists is that it maintains the Coors/Bud/Miller dominance, because they setup their own distributors, pay off stores, etc. If this system were eliminated and beer because just like any other product/market, it would let smaller breweries cut away at the market share of the big three.

I hope the Feds never come out to Portland because we have a brew pup on every corner selling to the public.

LaserWolf said:
    spelunk said:
    minneap said:
    spelunk said:

I hope the Feds never come out to Portland because we have a brew pup on every corner selling to the public.

This is legal, it's just that on the backend for their business the two entities have to be technically separate. The larger issue is that you can't have beer directly shipped - it basically means that a local brewery can be decently successful in their city, but expansion is really tough because it means getting carried by distributors, many of whom are beholden to the big three. If you could ship beer directly, it'd mean you could order any kind of microbrew from all over the states, no matter how small.

• Thanks to everyone who spread the word on this, who supported and who has supported over the years. I really appreciate it.

b/w

the girl on girl b roll from this video is savage.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Love the clip Thes...but why no Coopers shout out?..... ;-)

4YearGraduate said:

Some of those kids def lost their v-card that night.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    spelunk said:
    4YearGraduate said:

^^^Spelunk mack moves revealed.

mannybolone said:
    spelunk said:
    4YearGraduate said:

^^^Spelunk mack moves revealed.

I wasn't actually there, but I mean...shiiiit.

• undertheradar said:
    Word to Cas, this Buds for you!!

:shit_yeah:

YO!

We'll be at the Casbah tomorrow night...

WHOS ROLLING (hoping you guys can rustle Cas up and we can all hug and cry at the Bar again)

YES

• I'm rolling with L Dula....I spoke to Cas the other day, he is over in Louisiana for work.

Looking forward to it. Gary??? Can you get out on a school night???