Overseas Shipping Rates

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Can some experienced sellers give me some rough estimates on shipping records from the US - overseas?

I haven't done eBay in a hot minute and the online "click and ship" USPS rates have really sky rocketed (ie. shipping a record to Italy used to be like $15... now it's saying $26?)

Am I tripping?

:zooted:

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    You can't do "First Class International" online thru USPS, only "International Priority" and
    "Express Mail"

"First Class International" usually is the cheapest, it cost me $10.80 from Kentucky to Italy for one record.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    USPS is really pushing flat rate priority boxes, so they've upped all the standard rates quite a bit.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Burns said:
    You can't do "First Class International" online thru USPS, only "International Priority" and
    "Express Mail"

Click and ship is really much more efficient. How much of a Pain in the Ass is it to fill out customs forms for First Class International? I brought in a package about 6 months ago and the clerk literally had to punch in the customs form information in the computer. Granted this was a heavier item... and was subject to a larger form. This sucks.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Burns said:
    "Express Mail"

Click and ship is really much more efficient. How much of a Pain in the Ass is it to fill out customs forms for First Class International? I brought in a package about 6 months ago and the clerk literally had to punch in the customs form information in the computer. Granted this was a heavier item... and was subject to a larger form. This sucks.

You can print the customs form online, fill it out, give to clerk, but yeah you will have to wait in that bitchin' line.
    Make sure to grab a stack of custom forms next time your there for future shipments.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    www.endicia.com