Judge gives ex-BART cop Mehserle 2 years - shortest term possible

2»

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    From the SF Gate Discussion Forum:

WTF?

• BobDesperado said:
    I'm surprised he even got two years. Cops usually walk in even more disgusting cases.

And then cons make their little con jokes, because that's what they do. Some poor guy getting blown away doesn't count as a tragedy in their world. It's not like a slight increase in the marginal tax rates or some similar catastrophe they can relate to.

the only reason why he didn't walk is because there would have been rioting all over the country and the united states government would have looked evil to the rest of the world. i hope that cop gets f**ked then murdered while in prison. yeah,i said it. what?!

• Almond said:
    Is it really that easy to mistake a gun for a taser, as the defense suggests? If anyone, law enforcement should know the difference. I don't believe Mehserle intended to kill, though.

The distressing part is that incidents involving police brutality usually occur without them being caught on tape.

even if the cop WAS going for his taser he was STILL wrong because oscar was handcuffed,on the ground,and yelling "i'm not resisting,don't shoot me,i have a daughter!". there was no reason for the cop to do anything.