Pro tools 9

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Fuck me. ADC AND FULL NATIVE.
As a recent le to hd convert I want to hang myself

Why must I cry.

Comments

• Wait...what? PT 9??? I'm working on HD 8 as I write this...I hope it's not another paradigm shift like 7 to 8 was...

• Oh it lost def seems to be. More info after AES on Saturday.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is absolutely monumental for those who see it's potential, especially in the scenario that so many people are in - they do their tracking either at a home studio or a professional studio (where due to cost they have very limited time), but then want to get in depth tweaking and running test mixes of their session before going back into the studio to mix it for real. It makes it really possible, with the right preparation, to go into somewhere like Fantasy and mix a whole album in one full day, if that's all you can budget for, whereas before with the track limit and other feature-crippling this meant track freezing and workarounds - now it's possible to walk in truly prepared, pop in the file with things mostly dialed in, and spend the time taking advantage of outboard gear. Plus not having to ever deal with the Digi-inadequate power rails-00x or the M-Audio oversized useless dongles saves anyone newly entering the game a few hundred bucks and a whole lot of headaches.

I hope people see it this way and not as an excuse for everything to stay ITB and mix/master outside of anything resembling a real studio.

We were talking Apogee cracking the bottle of champagne, but HD plugin designers are about to be GIDDY this weekend at AES - the size of their market just shot up exponentially.

Avid/iLok better make it a huge pain in the ass to pirate this though - LE wasn't that tough to crack...