SF, hold tight!

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I'm hearing that shit is popping off in the Mission and SOMA right now. Not quite "Lakers championship level" rioting but sounding kind of hectic. Trash fires, busted windows, bottles getting tossed at SFPD.

Indeed.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    http://somafm.com/sfscanner.pls (SF police scanner)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    There were two police helicopters overhead when we were on Valencia, then as the bonfire got pretty massive the cops rolled hard about 60 deep.

Saw some insane brawls over the course of the evening too, including one my homie broke up. Fools getting chased 3 blocks and then stomped really badly.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    spelunk said:

Saw some insane brawls over the course of the evening too, including one my homie broke up. Fools getting chased 3 blocks and then stomped really badly.

i will never understand this type of bullshit.

• to be fair to the rioters, that car was full of Dodgers fans.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    to be fair to the rioters, that car was full of Dodgers fans.

Who just left particularly early from next year's home opener. Wanted to get a jump on traffic.

• JimBeam said:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    spelunk said:

Were the folks getting stomped on Rangers fans? I get the Bon fires and broken windows, not the free for all brawls though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This was during Game 2 I think?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    There were a lot of people getting wallets and purses stolen, and one of the fights I saw was over that...the dudes looked like they were ready to murder someone...

The video circulating of te car driving through the crowd...I can't fathom what that guy was thinking driving in there. I wasn't there for it but that shit looked wild.

There was a shooting at a club in the marina too...don't think it was related though.

On the whole nothing that crazy...no dominos were burned down so SF still got nothing on Oakland!

• mannybolone said:

yeah that was after game 2, at the miccky dees on the corner of townsend and 3rd. this spilled out into the street, too. shit was nuts. dude at 2:20? i didn't know the boo yaa tribe were Giants fans.

• mannybolone said:

yeah that was after game 2, at the miccky dees on the corner of townsend and 3rd. this spilled out into the street, too. shit was nuts. dude at 2:20? i didn't know the boo yaa tribe were Giants fans.

Haha! I thought the same thing. Why do so many SF thugs look like lowkey hair metal band lovers.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mannybolone said:

That's some shameful shit.

• im guessing SF seen this but here's the other side of the helicopter video that Spelunk referenced:

ffd to 2:00 if you find it boring

• My coworker told me he was watching ktvu live after the game and there was a crowd shot of people and some dude was holding up a sloppy sign on a box that said:

Hide your daughters
    Hide your wives
    Everybody's getting raped tonight