Washington DC ... Where violence lives

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
So growing up there I saw and participated in a lot of pretty foul behavior. I can go on and on with stories...

So I moved away in 96 and lately have been returning a lot for work. The last 4 times I was there, I saw some kind if brutal beating or stabbing or whatever. So I'm on my way down now and I was wondering what kind of violence I may witness this time. Then, I saw this on facebook:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Man-Dies-After-Incident-at-U-Street-Area-Club-105017009.html
Right outside my friend's bar.

I've lived in NYC for almost 8 years and almost never see shit like this. Sure tempers flare, but I never see anyone get real mauled.

What is going on dc that has people so ready to snap?

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    U Street always has some shit jumpin' off. I remember, yrs ago, going to Republic Gardens & Bar None and witnessing a lot of foul shit when the clubs would let out. It's a damn shame too. As fun as DC can be, it can be just as dangerous when you get off the main streets and mix with some of the neighborhoods. Them cats be whylin' out, for real!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    When I played in Baltimore last month I got a similar vibe. Maybe even a little worse.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    When I played in Baltimore last month I got a similar vibe. Maybe even a little worse.

From the outside looking in, I can understand that. B-more, IMO, seems more shadey, back alley type shit. Where as D.C. cats just seem wild for the sake of being wild. But this is coming from someone born & raised in Baltimore City, other than living in Silver Spring, MD for about a 18 months.

• There's more to this story.. it definitely ain't like the police are saying. Today they dropped the charges from 2nd degree murder to aggravated assault. There's something fishy goin on.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cops killed that dude and tried to pin in on the club. Fuck them devils. No, really... that's what happened. Watch it all come out.

• Police report says when they got there the guy wasn't breathing and the cop administered CPR with no results. Then EMS shows up and does CPR again, again with no results. But there are people saying that they saw the police putting the dude in the back of the cruiser while he was standing on his own and in handcuffs?? I know one of the guys that was arrested and there is no way in HELL he would even be touching that guy. Both the police chief and the press got way ahead of themselves on this one. This is tragic as hell, but it ain't what they're saying. I predict that MPD fucked this one up real bad.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Remember that dude that got laid out infront of big hunt, d*ri?

• Yeah dude. That freaked me out big time.

Maybe Mandude will turn into a giant street fight. :beerbang:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    We can call in mortar rounds from across the street .

• from where, nellies?

p.s.
    don't forget that ill funeral-driveby-chase-overturned vehicle drama that happened right down there too a few weeks ago.

• The-gaffler said:
    from where, nellies?

p.s.
    don't forget that ill funeral-driveby-chase-overturned vehicle drama that happened right down there too a few weeks ago.

I almost didn't believe my friend when he called me and told me that he witnessed a driveby during a funeral procession, but when I saw it on the news later that night I still couldn't believe it. Two people ended up dying that day, and for what?! I don't know what it is about DC, and I've been living here forever. All I know is that I always say a prayer before I leave the home that I can make it back home the way I left it.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i think baltimore still getting it done

three shot last night, amazingly none dead yet.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-city-shootings-20101017,0,1169449.story

and then last night, dude throws a rock at an off-duty cop and kills him. whats dude do afterwards? goes clubbin.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-cop-assault-20101016,0,4319608.story

• Saw the blood that was all over the middle of the crosswalk near 7th and U on Sat......and I heard a bit bout the night from the Wonderland staff Sat evening. I know dude was crazy drunk, just wondering if there was any possibility that he passed out after stumbling out into the street after the altercation and got the final blow from a car. Regardless, people gotta be careful bout roughing up massively intoxicated individuals.