Lisbon / Porto spots?

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I ll be in Lisbon and Porto this weekend and was wondering if anybody on here knows any decent record shops?

Comments

• was there recently. in lisboa, carbono on rua de telhal was pretty cool - huge basement full of shit. there are probably better uses of time in lisbon than sifting through thousands of boring fado LPs, but i did manage to find a few things. discolec????o on cal??ada de duque probably the best overall store, although the prices are very bizarre.

louie louie is another one, on rua nova de trinidad. there's new and used stuff here and the selection was rough but you never know. they have one in oporto also that seemed better. also in oporto, piranha in the italia shopping center was pretty hilarious - portuguese metal mainly, but some cool other shit mixed in. all the shops that say "alfarrabista" are used bookshops, and often have records, especially if you ask.

i highly recommend taking the boat from lisbon to cacilhas (it takes 10 minutes) and eating at ponto final. far and away the best food i had in portugal, in a beautiful setting and not at all expensive or pretentious. this is a better use of an afternoon than looking for records, trust me.