Great Song vs. Stinking Cheesy Pile Of Poop

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
i ride for the Marx man. respond with video of your own...

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is this pretty much songs u like but u know muthafuckas will clown you for it?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    batmon said:
    Is this pretty much songs u like but u know muthafuckas will clown you for it?

yea basically. i fear nothing though. i like this song. always have. i also like this one. won't let me embed though

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    your taste in guilty pleasures is pedestrian

step up your 80s game son

Soulhawk said:
    your taste in guilty pleasures is pedestrian

step up your 80s game son

my 80's game is on point. i like some cheesy pop songs though. don't front like you ain't down with that kind of shit

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Richard Marx blows. I'd rather listen to what Karl Marx's music sounds like.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Richard Marx blows. I'd rather listen to what Karl Marx's music sounds like.

[

I see your Waves and raise you one Dance Hall Days

• Clouds Across the Moon = fire

this is a serious guilty pleasure, its audio crack to me though

• yes, I'm guilty

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    dont think anyone should diss this one, but on here you never know:

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
    Uploaded by trashfan. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

• behemoth said:
    i ride for the Marx man.

Almost all summer there was a dude set up with a Chinese violin on the downtown F platform at Broadway Lafayette that would play this Marx joint on repeat. Every fucking day I'm walking to the train and getting greeted with this fucking song. Just when I thought I was going to snap if I heard it one more time, the guy dissapears and hasn't come back.

Tom, Crowded House is a straight 80s Pizza Hut jukebox classic. I hear that song and think of waitresses wearing visors, and red plastic cups with watered down pepsi.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Who clowns on someone for liking Rah Band? Who clowns on someone for liking Depeche Mode? Those qualify as "guilty pleasures"?

Level 42 can't do much wrong in my book either -- that song in particular is uber poppy, but it's sort of engrained in my childhood -- that hook is a beast.

Dance Hall Days is the shit shit shit.

I mean, I like "I'm Too Sexy". That, to me, is a gulity pleasure - one which in my opinion seems unanimous. Same goes for "Roam" by the B-52s.

I also like "Porcelain" by Moby, "Sure Thing" by St. Germain, and "Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth". I find those to be a much easier target as far as guilty pleasures go b/c they all seem to take themselves a little more seriously.

There's no right or wrong here obviously, it's just interesting to hear in what context people think of certain songs.

Richard Marx definitely falls into the guilty pleasure vein, though. That's on par with Bryan Adams.

Possum Tom said:

ya -- sorta feel it'd be more embarrassing not to like this one.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    A couple of Orange County classics from my 8th grade year...

Possum Tom said:

I'll see your Crowded House and raise you...

I have a version of Ohio Players - Let's Love covered by Vanessa Williams.

HarveyCanal said:
    Possum Tom said:

that's a good middle ground for me between embarrassing and banger -- embarrassing mainly bc it's Julian Lennon -- just feel bad for the guy because, ya know, he's Julian Lennon. But ya, that song rules.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    aint scurred:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• :shit_yeah:

RAJ said:

Love how in Footloose Kevin Bacon's character taught the bumpkins that it's better to be a good dancer than a good fighter. Of course, it took about a day and a half for his big city lessons to reverse themselves back to not entirely gay.

• Haha.. that just reminded me of the first 12" I ever owned.. I still own it, and love it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    Haha.. that just reminded me of the first 12" I ever owned.. I still own it, and love it.

stalker vibes

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Possum Tom said:

Sam Peckinpah directed that video.

Possum Tom said:
    aint scurred:

I still play this joint out sometimes.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    My own GP...

U dudes are soft. The song here are regular ass pop hits, that got played on the regular.

Give me some offensive shit that u can defend and then we'll have an interesting thread.

batmon said:
    U dudes are soft. The song here are regular ass pop hits, that got played on the regular.

Give me some offensive shit that u can defend and then we'll have an interesting thread.

You mean that Michael Bolton, Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay, lucky-for-Otis-he's-already-dead-because-hearing-this-shit-would-surely-kill-him level of offensiveness? It'd take a bigger man than me.

Best I can do is the Backstreet Boys. I like As Long As You Love Me, All I Have To Give and I Want It That Way, and I really don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:

You mean that Michael Bolton, Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay, lucky-for-Otis-he's-already-dead-because-hearing-this-shit-would-surely-kill-him level of offensiveness? It'd take a bigger man than me.

Best I can do is the Backstreet Boys. I like As Long As You Love Me, All I Have To Give and I Want It That Way, and I really don't give a fuck what anyone thinks.