Madlib Sample ID?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Figured if anyone would know it would be a Strutteur....

Do any of you know the track he samples for this:

It's from the OJ Simpson album... I am wondering if it is a track off of a compilation (Ghana Soundz or maybe a Nigerian Funk one) ? I want to hear the original!

any help is appreciated...

thanks

Comments

• catalist said:

It's from the OJ Simpson album... I am wondering if it is a track off of a compilation (Ghana Soundz or maybe a Nigerian Funk one) ? I want to hear the original!

thanks

not sure where its originally from though, anyone know?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Now that that's been solved -- anyone know this one? Was always curious about it. Feel like it's going to be something totally obvious...

http://hical45s.com/?p=558

(second joint)

• woimsah, i've got this one somewhere, it's from a german library, either from a sonoton or golden ring lp. racking my brain. can't think of it. brain doesn't work right now cause i'm battling a cold and just hit many volcanoes of fresh diesel. will report back.

• not too obvious or did that ring a bell for you?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    wow good looks! ya def let me know!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    on a similar tip (and not to threadjack), what's the sample to this one? Let the strut be the place where this gets known...cause up until now, noone knows. Even dedicated heads were wrong and went for Manfred Krug's "Morgen", which is NOT the sample...anyone knows? Euroman, Germanman please step up!!! :paging Grope:

• OK Woimsah, i can narrow it down to a handful now and i'll be able to give you a definite answer as soon as my next trip to the storage unit. it's off of one of the following:
    sonoton: it's either off of amazing space (Vol I or II) (mladen franko)
    OR
    golden ring: its either #7 or #8 and i'm pretty sure that would be by Peter Thomas.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    on a similar tip (and not to threadjack), what's the sample to this one? Let the strut be the place where this gets known...cause up until now, noone knows. Even dedicated heads were wrong and went for Manfred Krug's "Morgen", which is NOT the sample...anyone knows? Euroman, Germanman please step up!!! :paging Grope:

daamn.. this ones pretty hot, wow is that even german he's singing.. cant make it out, but sounds like it, dope ass groove for sure!!!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    catalist said:

thanks

not sure where its originally from though, anyone know?

Hey thanks a lot!!

• This is from Mladen Franko "amazing space volume 1. the track is called "yellow ballon".
    Madlib just speed up a little bit the track.
    Great spacy library, by the way.

Anyone for the mf doom "Yellow dock" (special herbs 9 & 0) track original sample? I've always wondering on that one.

• arXarX 12 Posts
    Can anyone help me out with this one? The beat's from his Medicine Show #5 called Episode VIII:

• dammsdamms 704 Posts