Wanted Ray Bryant Up Above The Rock 7"

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited March 2010 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Gave this away like a dip shit back in the day when I didn't give a drop of piss or a rats ass about a 45. Now I want it in my collection Anyone?

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    You need to clear your pm's dee and also, did you get that message about the Bobby Watkins? (via facebook)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I want a copy of this too. 2 copies actually. I will pay money. Of course Preme gets first dibs haha...

• ya know More Groove Records from Japan put out a white label 7" reissue?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    No re-issue's EVER son.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dee: I can't remember who told me this but apparently, the 7" is a really shitty pressing compared to the LP. Don't know if that matters or not but it killed my interest in the 45. (I don't have a copy for you though, sorry!)

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey O****r,

The pressing of the 7in is actually allot louder than the lp version itself; it's a mono pressing too. I have had several copies in the past and they were always the playout versions for me (7in that is).

Hope this was helpful and NO, I don't have anymore copies

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Hey O****r,

The pressing of the 7in is actually allot louder than the lp version itself; it's a mono pressing too. I have had several copies in the past and they were always the playout versions for me (7in that is).

Hope this was helpful and NO, I don't have anymore copies

7" is louder, chunkier and most importantly mono-er.

Is there a mono LP or all they all stereo? Anyone know?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've been told by someone who owned both (I've only got the 45, not for sale sorry) that the 45 was not only louder but a different & better mix than the LP version.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Weird, I'll go with the collective wisdom here but yeah, I had two people tell me, the 7" version was crappy. Oh well, guess it's BACK on my want list now.

• proteusproteus 77 Posts
    I've been told by someone who owned both (I've only got the 45, not for sale sorry) that the 45 was not only louder but a different & better mix than the LP version.

In what way is it different/better? Toned down horns and turning up Grady's drums would be nice.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    The 7in is a mono copy and it mixed better than the lp version, those the horns do blaze pretty hard and the drums are hard as f**k!!!!!

• The 7in is a mono copy and it mixed better than the lp version, those the horns do blaze pretty hard and the drums are hard as f**k!!!!!

Yup!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So who's gonna sell me a couple copies?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    holla@ friends of sound

he sold me acvopy and always has some listed

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Also thanks to the handclapping, which is only featured on the 7 inch. So if you're looking for this track on wax, don't buy the lp!!

Also thanks to the handclapping, which is only featured on the 7 inch. So if you're looking for this track on wax, don't buy the lp!!

There is hand clapping on the LP it's just not so loud. I think I'll stick with the LP, that 45 mix with the clapping louder than the drums does not sound all that imo.

I'm not generally into clapping as it goes, but this intro is dope:

Sahib Shihab - Please Don't Leave Me

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    BUMP... Who's holding?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    bull_ox said:

That compared to this doesn't seem to be that much of an improvement.

The 45 mix were they've drowned out Grady Tate's dope drums with that overbearing hand clapping is not any kind of improvement. It's like preferring a Coltrane edit where you can't hear him over some overdubbed vuvuzela...

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts

The 45 mix were they've drowned out Grady Tate's dope drums with that overbearing hand clapping is not any kind of improvement. It's like preferring a Coltrane edit where you can't hear him over some overdubbed vuvuzela...

having a 45 of it is alwas better...mho

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Anyone? Holler...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    BUMP. Still want 2 copies... Hook a brother up por favor. Got cash will carry.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    It's good Wants Forum conduct to PM the auction link directly to the person looking for the record, otherwise someone might cop it first.

It's happened to me twice and there's nothing worse!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    musica said:
    It's good Wants Forum conduct to PM the auction link directly to the person looking for the record, otherwise someone might cop it first.

It's happened to me twice and there's nothing worse!

Thankfully someone did PM it to me... and I copped. Now I need one more

• Cosmo said:

Thankfully someone did PM it to me... and I copped. Now I need one more

I was just thinking, didn't Dustygroove had a shit load of these selling for cheap a few years back?