Fedor/Werdum (Spoiler Alert)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Fedor, are you fuckin' kidding me??!!!!!!!!!!!

=(

Comments

• I'm not ready to talk about it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Watch here:

http://www.mmazone.nl/2010/06/27/strikeforce-video-fedor-emelianenko-vs-fabricio-werdum/

Speechless. Fucking speechless.

i must go and stare at the ocean for a while, ill be back later.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Dana White wins.........

"What, you want Brock to fight WHO? Oh, that guy that got capped on by Junior Dos Santos AND Andrei Arlovski and quit the UFC? Sucka, PLEASE....."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    You guys realy surprised? He's awesome but no one is unstoppable. He's been dodging some of the best HWs for a few yrs; that's not how you stay sharp. This was bound to happen.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    He just looked kinda sloppy. I mean, Werdum is a very, very high level BJJ practitioner. First round, no one's sweaty, and he went right into his guard. Beautiful transitions on Werdum's part (I think he went for three different submissions in about 40 seconds).

But I will admit that a part of me was waiting for Fedor to pick him up and slam him through the canvas into a shallow grave.

Still as classy as ever, even in defeat.

Gus Johson: "What is going through your mind right now, Fedor?"

Last Emperor: "Nothing.... He who doesn't fall doesn't stand up."

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Also:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    First round, no one???s sweaty, and he went right into his guard.

It looked like he wanted to finish the fight right away when the crowd started chanting "Fedor! Fedor!". As you point out, I think Fedor was way over confident in thinking he was gonna pound out a skilled BJJ practitioner in 30 seconds.

Not his fault that UFC won't co-promote with M-1 Global...

He's still the best MMA fighter even with this loss.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Isnt a Werdum a mudials champ?
    I mean, if thats so, its really not that much of an upset that he would tapout fedor
    It just sucks...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    It just sucks...

Why?

• sindiansindian 68 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Isnt a Werdum a mudials champ?
    I mean, if thats so, its really not that much of an upset that he would tapout fedor
    It just sucks...

I think so. He's also an ADCC champ. Werdum's got jiu-jitsu.

Yeah, that fight was a bummer. Fedor should've let him back up. There was no reason to go there. He got overconfident and made some mistakes. I guess Werdum wasn't joking about studying the Fedor-Nogueira fight.