Post your summer essentials

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    phongone said:
    Feelin this mix, Hotsoup. Smooth and perfect for summer.
    Thanks man. This one is a Summer in Miami vibe....rock some linen pants to this
    http://www.mixcrate.com/mix/4946/Case-Bloom-North-To-South-Vol-1

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    Batmon & flip-flops? really??

b/w

what's that drink?

at one time i had at least 12 pairs? TWO SHADES OF PINK!!!!!

Flip flops up In the Club like What. Its 90 degrees up in this mutha and you rockin some hot ass hightops.

ive calmed down since...

I just havent found some havianas in a fly pink in 13

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I work my ass off during the summer. So my essentials list is small

some tasty beers at the end of the night...This is on my list now.

softball on my one day off..and some beach time and cocktails at the

I also try to have some on hand for the dog days

night time solitude

leo constellation btw
    cosign on the goldbond...but i just use corn starch. Definitely essential...I work in a kitchen....

• FTW

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    summer 2k10 has been pretty sweet B-)

^^so good

tinariwen live **up close**

chicago

this show is amaziiiiiing. i cant even explain. xlnt date event yall!!

i know these are old & im no sneakerhead but i still think they are dope

live outdoor show was A++++ beyond words. i cant believe how perfectly philip bailey's voice has aged

'roachy balboa' tape

fun summer raps no bullshit
    also any husalah leaks
    & any smooth shit by ralfi pagan & michael franks
    thats my summer pretty much
    oh yah im seeing ryan leslie & jazzy jeff this weekend too

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    deej said:

this show is amaziiiiiing. i cant even explain. xlnt date event yall!!

I agree. Great show! I admit I was afraid that "ceiling" would break!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    kinda hoped it would -- wd love 2 catch falling argentinian dancers, those girls were fine & looked like they would be a ball to party with

i forgot to mention im also feeling 75% of this album

and also celly cel's 'g filez'

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    deej said:
    kinda hoped it would -- wd love 2 catch falling argentinian dancers, those girls were fine & looked like they would be a ball to party with

Hell. Effing. Yes.

• [img]

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    batmon said:

In private mindgarden terms, this means that Batmon refuses to go anywhere during the summer unless actually accompanied by Sade.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Just went to Minetta Tavern last night. Honestly, should be called MEHnetta Tavern -- shit was just whatever to me. BUT - they did have this, which they executed PERFECTLY. Def going to be an essential...
    Attached files

Just went to Minetta Tavern last night. Honestly, should be called MEHnetta Tavern -- shit was just whatever to me. BUT - they did have this, which they executed PERFECTLY. Def going to be an essential...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

sisters.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    batmon said:

I just havent found some havianas in a fly pink in 13

I graduated college & got legally married in size 13 pink flip flops (different pairs).

As a big dude with big feet, I love rocking the most flamboyant flip flops possible.

Flip flops = so essential.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    Just went to Minetta Tavern last night. Honestly, should be called MEHnetta Tavern -- shit was just whatever to me.

Curious, what did you eat?

Garcia_Vega said:
    Woimsah said:
    Just went to Minetta Tavern last night. Honestly, should be called MEHnetta Tavern -- shit was just whatever to me.

Curious, what did you eat?

I had the oxe tail to start and the black label burger for the entree. Again, nothing was bad by any means, but it certainly wasn't what many have touted it to be, IMO.

What was amazing about the burger, though, was how perfectly it was cooked. Perfectly charred on the top and bottom of the burger with no char on the sides - and the inside was just rare enough.

However, at the end of the day, what I've found with burgers like this (4 different kind of aged meats yada yada yada) is that, at the end of the day, they're still grinding the shit out of said meet and throwing it in a pan. Never really fairs amazingly, at least from my experience. Again, certainly not bad by any means, it was def tasty, but not amazing by any means.

That cocktail, though, was something I'll def be going back for. And I'd like to try the bone marrow as well, as it's supposed to be quite good.

Woimsah said:

However, at the end of the day, what I've found with burgers like this (4 different kind of aged meats yada yada yada) is that, at the end of the day, they're still grinding the shit out of said meet and throwing it in a pan. Never really fairs amazingly, at least from my experience. Again, certainly not bad by any means, it was def tasty, but not amazing by any means.

Exactly. This burger has gotten way too much hype in general. I mean, its a fucking burger. I don't need spreads in magazines about the butcher putting it together and talking about exclusive blends and shit. Miss me with all that and take me to Corner Bistro.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    E_Daily said:

sisters.

CRAZY EYES AND OLDER SIS FROM THE OTHER POAST?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    A pencil.

• E_Daily said:

sisters.

1, 2

this was tough but i've made my decision

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    smoking_robot said:
    E_Daily said:

sisters.

1, 2

Garcia_Vega said:
    Woimsah said:

Exactly. This burger has gotten way too much hype in general. I mean, its a fucking burger. I don't need spreads in magazines about the butcher putting it together and talking about exclusive blends and shit. Miss me with all that and take me to Corner Bistro.

Amen on CB. That's the best I've had here, honestly. JG Mellon is good too, but not as crazed as people describe, take Shake Shack over JG any day.

I read that article you're mentioning as well, at least I think -- the one about the butcher who creates the custom blends, ya? Totally made me want to try it, but at the end of the day, same results. The only thing this sort of burger works well is really good kobe beef, but in a way, having a kobe beef burger sort of defeats the purpose of having kobe beef.

PJ Clarke's has a great burger. I've never had JG Melon,a nd I've gone on record many times saying the portobello burger is better than the Shake Shack burger all day every day. Burger Joint was way dissapointing, highly overrated.

5 Napkin burger is where I need to go next.

And yeah, Pat Lafreida was the butcher with the burger. Their cuts of meat are really good and I get that they are a NYC meat provider insitution, but putting them on a pedestal is a little much.

• batmon said:
    smoking_robot said:
    E_Daily said:

sisters.

1, 2

this is harder than logic induction puzzles imo.