Shedphones

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
so now that its all summertime east coast style (sticky & humid) the pads on my headphones have started to deteriorate leaving massive amounts of faux-leather plastic coating all over the side of my head and neck after gigs. Talking to people not noticing i looked like the toxic avenger is no kind of look for a professional.anyone else have this problem? think sony will send me some new pads?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    LOL

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rub lotion on them to keep them from getting ashy.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Rub lotion on them to keep them from getting ashy.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Mine did this too. It sucks because it really sticks to you.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

May I recommend the Stanton DJ Pro 3000 headphones:

They're great!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Buy these and you won't be sorry:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=dt-250+v6&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

(The pads, not the headphone brand.)

I've had 'em for years now and I absolutely love 'em. Comfy as heck and they don't stick to your ear!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Delay, same thing happened to me. I had all kinds of debris on the side of my face and neck at the end of the night. yet NO ONE said anything and I'm hanging around thinking I'm being cool and talking to folks and get home and notice it. LMAO.... I bought new pads from sony on line for $10. I was happy to see you CAN order just the new replacement pads.

Delay, same thing happened to me. I had all kinds of debris on the side of my face and neck at the end of the night. yet NO ONE said anything and I'm hanging around thinking I'm being cool and talking to folks and get home and notice it. LMAO.... I bought new pads from sony on line for $10. I was happy to see you CAN order just the new replacement pads.

I'm trying to tell you dudes... Spend $20 on the velour - yes VELOUR - replacement pads I posted and never worry about the pleather crumbles again!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I'm trying to tell you dudes... Spend $20 on the velour - yes VELOUR - replacement pads I posted and never worry about the pleather crumbles again!

Only if they come in Royal Purple.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Already bought replacements and less than a year later I need a new pair. They're around tho:

http://www.amazon.com/211566803-Sony-Replacement-MDR-7506-Headphones/dp/B001DFX2OC

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    What Herm said. GET THE BEYERDYNAMIC VELOUR JOINTS.

for serious. they are 3x thicker and 100x more comfortable.

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think fools had me on ignore!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Sorry dood, I didn't realize those were compatible with the Sony's. I'll try 'em out and cop a pair for my next ones.

Sorry dood, I didn't realize those were compatible with the Sony's. I'll try 'em out and cop a pair for my next ones.

No worries, holmes! I have the 7506's and they fit perfectly. On the real-a gorilla, they're so cheap and feel so good that you may want to just say f it and buy 'em now!

Here's some info I found about the Beyerdynamic pads with the 7506 'phones:

http://kino-eye.com/2008/11/16/beyerdynamic-velour-pads/

Beyerdynamic velour pads: new life for Sony MDR-7506 or V6 headphones[/b]

November 16, 2008

Sony MDR-7506For many years I?ve been using two pairs of Sony MDR-7506 headphones (one lives in my camera kit and the second lives in my sound kit) and the original plastic ear pads had started to fall apart. These are outstanding headphones for monitoring audio, however, the pads are their achilles heel.

You can order replacement pads from Sony, but I did not like the idea of replacing the pads with the same pads that I knew would again fall apart and in addition, I was never crazy about their plastic feel. Over the years I?ve noticed that other folks have replaced the original Sony pads with velour pads made by Beyerdynamic (model number 942704) which fit the Sony MDR-7506 and V6 (it?s predecessor) headphones perfectly. So I decided to give them a try.

I ordered them from B&H for $19.95 a pair and they turned out to be good purchase. They have breathed new life into the headphones and they are much more comfortable to wear. I found it was a little tricky getting these pads onto the headphones, but with a little stretching of the pad and the use of a credit card to helped guide the plastic ring around the groove in each of the headphone?s metal shells, I completed the installation. Beyerdynamic velour ear cushion The pads come with plastic adapters for other headphones, those can go straight into the recycling since you will not need then for attaching the pads onto the Sony MDR-7506 and V6 and headphones. It?s been about six months or so since I purchased the pads and I?m very happy with them, the headphones are very comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time. These velour pads transform these excellent headphones into most excellent headphones. Good headphones are an important investment. In this disposable world we live in, it?s nice to be able to refresh an old standard.

In an earlier post, I sung the praises of the Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

• This happened to a pair of mine years ago but I tend to lose or break headphones before they reach this point.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think fools had me on ignore!

Got mine for what, two or three years now?
    Velour all the way baby

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    just let everything wear out and you'll have the perfect headphones no-one can ruin. I've had the same pair since 94 and they are so f'd up, but still work you can't replace them. sony mdr-v600 related

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Herm said:
    Buy these and you won't be sorry:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=dt-250+v6&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

(The pads, not the headphone brand.)

I've had 'em for years now and I absolutely love 'em. Comfy as heck and they don't stick to your ear!

Anyone know if these pads will work with the Sony mdr-v600 headphones?