The Black Keys - Brothers

danmccauleydanmccauley 25 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Listen Here What do ya'll think?

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I liked it.
    Next Girl is my favorite so far.

• Howlin' for you is my favorite so far...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Great group...Akron Ohio represent......

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    A LOT better than that hunka shit "Black Rock Coalition" rap/rock hybrid thing Dan put out recently. Needs to stick to the indie blues...

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i actually love dan's solo album keep it hid.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    "Keep it hid," was my favorite record of last year.

I ain't made at the rap/rock thing (didn't buy it, tho)... I think it was inevitable, given how much a lot of their songs sound like they could be used as rap beats. Especially the drumming... damn...

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    yeah, i think the 'black roc' album or whatever it was titled seemed exciting in the teaser studio videos, and then when i heard the final thing it sounded really poorly mixed/badly recorded or something IMO.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    i have to listen to this. I've heard a few tracks and thought they were ok. cool songs and all, just thought it was kinda like a soulful ode to artists that can do it better than them.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Howlin' For You seems to be exploring a whole new Glitter Band path.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It was alright. I don't know if I buy it as blues-rock. They need to get angrier, dirtier, and louder. It's still kind of glossy despite the fuzz/effects. I'm feelin the nosier tracks like "She's Long Gone."

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    Thanks for the link to the NPR site. I will give it a listen tonight. Love me some Black Keys.

As for the polish, that has been a steady progression in their music. The first two albums had a much dirtier sound in my opinion.