A special Cinco De Mayo message from Danny Trejo.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Yeah yeah...I know Cinco De Mayo is a bullsh*t holiday, but still...this has me AMPED AS YOUKNOWWHAT.

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    A plus plus plus

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

I saw the "fake" trailer with the grindhouse double feature a while back but this is evil.

Lindsay Lohan?
    Don Johnson?
    Jessica Alba and Cheech Marin?
    WOW

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This does indeed look awsm.

Did you see, on the same site, there's an article about Ice Cube making an NWA biopic.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I saw Mr. Trejo at the airport the other day. Dude is mad short.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Solid interview with Trego in latest Onion.

Machete looks really awesome. It'd be cool if it was pioneering in the sense that it premiered at the movies and on Cinemax at the same time.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Awesome

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Looks very slick!! This generations Desperado.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    Just sent the link to my wife, we are so there when this releases. As it was stated in the Onion interview with Danny Trejo, the Machete "fake" trailer was the best thing about the Grindhouse movie.

Oh and add:

Robert Di Nero?
    Jeff Fahey?
    Steven Seagal?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    It doesn't get any better than a motorcycle flying out of an explosion with a mounted gatling gun on the front blasting.

Yeah. I'll see this.

The Trejo Onion interview is great.

"Where did you study?"

"Safeway. Vonns. Thrifty Mart"

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    FACEMELTMEXPLOTATIONEXPLOSION

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I heard Traci Lords makes an appearance as well.

The movie to end all movies.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

The movie to end all movies.

i read the script. if he has made THAT movie, this will be the one they remember robert rodriguez for.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I saw Mr. Trejo at the airport the other day. Dude is mad short.

I ride for any short(er than "normal") action movie star. I liked his cameos in "King Of The Hill" episodes: "Octavio, that's not Jesus, that's Rob Zombie!". Like what was said above, the trailer to this was 100x more interesting than "Deathproof", that's for sure. This is going to be one to surely piss the chinstroking armchair critics off. Very violent and very awesome, it seems. I'm going to be there the opening day!

Side note: It's like a pre-requisite for any deli in Los Angeles to have an autographed picture of Trejo displayed on the "wall of fame" above the counter. Anyone in the area notice that?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    :melt :melt

If this comes out.....oh my God. Is there a release scheduled for it?

That cast is ridiculous.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    F*cking great

• Looks pretty cool. I don't understand why exploitation moves died off in the first place. The Bitches + violence * seedyness formula looks rock solid to me.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Good lord, this has the potential to be the Greatest Film Ever Made. It's like everything I love all in one package. I'm not the biggest fan of Rodriguez normally but I do tip my hat in recognition then he gets what makes a great exploitation film better than any other director out there.

As long as they shoot this as straight faced as possible it's almost impossible that it won't be great.

Christ, what a cast. What a cast.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Speaking of Danny Trejo related movies with an intentionally(?) bizarre cast selection and a "minority immigrant group showing whitey who's boss" storyline

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493406/

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Good lord, this has the potential to be the Greatest Film Ever Made. It's like everything I love all in one package. I'm not the biggest fan of Rodriguez normally but I do tip my hat in recognition then he gets what makes a great exploitation film better than any other director out there.

As long as they shoot this as straight faced as possible it's almost impossible that it won't be great.

Christ, what a cast. What a cast.

I had this same sentiment after I saw Black Dynamite (finally) a few weeks ago and actually did recommend it to friends as "perhaps the greatest movie I have ever seen." There was a featurette on the Blu-ray about the lead actress playing it straight and it was tender and sweet the way she loved Black Dynamite. I think it was the unwinding of the malt liquor mystery scene in the cafe that really took it over the top for me -- Tommy Davidson: "CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!!!"

Exploitation has that power to truly be transcendent.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    proper release date feeling it x10000000000000000000