NBA '10 (pre-Playoffs)

Comments

• Let me contemplate that for a minute.......

AMARE JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY!!!!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anybody want to see DAOLDHEADZ, San Antone or Boston advance? or at least, think they got a shot? I actually think San Antonio might have the better shot of facing the Lakers in the Conference Finals than Boston getting there. Boston's lost so many good role players since the last time they won the whole thing.

I want to see the Spurs advance, obviously. I feel like their margin of error is pretty small, but at the same time, they're playoff warriors, they're better than their record might indicate (they spent a lot of the season dealing with injuries, waiting for Jefferson to finally figure it out, etc.), Ginobili's ballin' outta control, Duncan may have slipped a bit but is still Duncan, etc. The odds are against them making the conference finals, I think, but they're still not an easy team to beat 4 games out of 7.

IF THE SPURS MEET THE SUNS I'M WILLING TO AVATAR WAGER THE SUNS WILL SMASH THEM TO PIECES AND THEN SOME

BELIEVE IT

AND YO,

WHILE YOU THINK ABOUT IT

OH SCHNAAAAPS!!!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Anybody want to see DAOLDHEADZ, San Antone or Boston advance? or at least, think they got a shot? I actually think San Antonio might have the better shot of facing the Lakers in the Conference Finals than Boston getting there. Boston's lost so many good role players since the last time they won the whole thing.

I want to see the Spurs advance, obviously. I feel like their margin of error is pretty small, but at the same time, they're playoff warriors, they're better than their record might indicate (they spent a lot of the season dealing with injuries, waiting for Jefferson to finally figure it out, etc.), Ginobili's ballin' outta control, Duncan may have slipped a bit but is still Duncan, etc. The odds are against them making the conference finals, I think, but they're still not an easy team to beat 4 games out of 7.

I agree with everything you said here.

Let me contemplate that for a minute.......

how was the game WC, did you yell loooooooooouuuuu in the 4th? dude had like 5 dunks!!!!

G_Balliando, I think Kevin Durant might have something to say about best offensive player. Dude's skill set is ridiculous...and I think even more important, I think his demeanor is impressive for a 21 year old.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Time to dispell the bogus Regular Season bs.....

I'm a basketball fan.....I'll pay to see a well played game on any level....some of the best games I've ever watched were regular season games...on the H.S., College and Pro level.

Of course playoffs and championship games carry an extra level of excitement before the ball is even tipped off.......but that never guarantees a well played game.

I root for the Mavericks...they are a fun team to watch....every game...it'll be great if they win the championship but I still want 50 win, entertaining hoops during the regular season.....so much so that I'd rather have a decade of 500 wins that are fun to watch w/o a title, than to win a title but be mediocre to bad for 3-5 of those 10 years.

I know I'm not the average fan.....I'm not voting for Iverson and McGrady on this years All-Star ballot......I just want to see good ball....and currently in the NBA there are only 5-6 teams that are fun to watch night in and night out.

• Let me contemplate that for a minute.......

how was the game WC, did you yell loooooooooouuuuu in the 4th? dude had like 5 dunks!!!!

haha, yeah man it was great! the free tickets ended up being for a suite and we were all blunted and pretty much shocked watching Lou live. For real, that half-court oop he had from Dragic was ridiculous. plus that slam comin from the wing. I haven't seen dude attack the rim like last night all year... he always gets a few putback dunks and shit but he was on some seriously impressive, in-control steez that was fun to watch!

Of course, Amar'e balling like usual...

i think Gentry was trippin, though. He left Nash in throughout the whole 3rd quarter, during a blowout, while he threw the rest of the bench/2nd-unit back in. Is Dragic fighting for a loose ball, walking up the court and hitting a three with a hand in the face not good enough for Alvin to trust him?

you ride pretty hard for the Suns, u in Phoenix or what?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I think Kevin Durant might have something to say about best offensive player.

Durantula already done won the MVP award... most vicious pimples

I'm a basketball fan.....I'll pay to see a well played game on any level....some of the best games I've ever watched were regular season games...on the H.S., College and Pro level.

Of course playoffs and championship games carry an extra level of excitement before the ball is even tipped off.......but that never guarantees a well played game.

I root for the Mavericks...they are a fun team to watch....every game...it'll be great if they win the championship but I still want 50 win, entertaining hoops during the regular season.....so much so that I'd rather have a decade of 500 wins that are fun to watch w/o a title, than to win a title but be mediocre to bad for 3-5 of those 10 years.

I know I'm not the average fan.....I'm not voting for Iverson and McGrady on this years All-Star ballot......I just want to see good ball....and currently in the NBA there are only 5-6 teams that are fun to watch night in and night out.

Amen to all of that.

I like the Mavs. They're exciting and are fundamentally sound.

Jazz run the most beautiful offense in the NBA, only their talent level is not as good as some of the other teams, aside from D Will.

I think Kevin Durant might have something to say about best offensive player.

Durantula already done won the MVP award... most vicious pimples

I thought dude was on steroids or something when I saw that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The Playoffs is when the real shit emerges.

We've glorified Yao Ming yet to see him come up short.

Im just sick of NBA fans making good players out to be great before they have yet to prove themselves in the shit that counts.

Beat a one seed like the Nuggets did. Dethrone a favorite like the Warriors did. Be an 8th seed that makes the favorites go to the last minute of the 5th or 7th game like the Nets did against Chicago. Prove to me that your shit is more than winning in the regular season or winning the scoring crown.

Cmon - how long have u been watching this sport to be over-hyped by the next young talent. Let shit play out for Jesus Shuttleworth's sake before you adorn these dudes without seein them in any REAL battles. For cried sake there were cats talmbout Darius Miles for a minute.

How many dudes have we seen since Jordan, get anointed way too early to see them get traded in their late 20s/early 30's to join a that new young team to help out. Or be given the second or third chance to help get a certain contender over the hump. Rasheed?

Shit you cats are talmbout Durant, and LeBron still has yet to get a ring. We've been waiting for this monster to win and aint shit happened. It took K.O.B.E. a long minute to win with HIS team, but you already have Durant right behind LeBron and K.O.B.E.? The jury is still out on Lebron. Dude is "a beast" but it dont mean much in my book. He's been certified Top 3 in the L, and he still hasnt pulled the sword outta the stone.

Im just sick of the hype and wanna see dudes pan out first before jumpin on the jock. Lebron was supposed to catch a ring a good three years ago....AND?

Do u yall even watch basketbell? Im gettin my playoff swagger back...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    even though i love durant
    i have to agree
    lebron no ring yet
    melo no ring yet
    kobe took time but proved it
    we need to have this discussion in 2 years

Im just sick of the hype

Turn off the ESPN, stop reading blogs and you won't get sick of it.

wanna see dudes pan out first before jumpin on the jock.

But by the time they pan out, the worldwide leader in sports and TNT will be on to the next jock. Welcome to big business.

There's more money at stake in the NBA than there was 20 years ago. Game's different. Broadcasters focus on what's obvious (the overwhelming individual talent). So do fans. Nobody's calling Durant the best player in the league or mentioning him as a potential GOAT. They just saying he's NICE. like anybody would say when they see a dude with a crossover, step back, and hit a three at 6'10"....

even though i love durant
    i have to agree
    lebron no ring yet
    melo no ring yet
    kobe took time but proved it
    we need to have this discussion in 2 years

In two years, most people will be on John Wall or Evan Turner's jock.

DON'T HATE THE GAME, HATE SOCIETY.

Im just sick of the hype

Turn off the ESPN, stop reading blogs and you won't get sick of it.

wanna see dudes pan out first before jumpin on the jock.

But by the time they pan out, the worldwide leader in sports and TNT will be on to the next jock. Welcome to big business.

There's more money at stake in the NBA than there was 20 years ago. Game's different. Broadcasters focus on what's obvious (the overwhelming individual talent). So do fans. Nobody's calling Durant the best player in the league or mentioning him as a potential GOAT. They just saying he's NICE. like anybody would say when they see a dude with a crossover, step back, and hit a three at 6'10"....

Ive seen Vin Baker,Derek Coleman and Brad Lohaus(at 2 guard for Nellie in NYC) play the perimeter and hit 3s at 6'10" dude. This aint shit to me.

U are part of the dick riding....and need some more NBA in yo life to see the patterns. But you young and get excited like The Last American Virgin delivering pizzas to Carmela house.

Check.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yeah, George Gervin watn't ever shit either.

Yeah, George Gervin watn't ever shit either.

The hype machine when Gervin was in his first 3 years aint the same mutha it is now.

Dude was an old man when he kept the Bulls afloat during MJ's injury season. Only to see the them give the ball back to MJ after missin the whole season. Real trooper steez. Proven game.

Im just sick of NBA fans making good players out to be great before they have yet to prove themselves in the shit that counts.

Beat a one seed like the Nuggets did. Dethrone a favorite like the Warriors did. Be an 8th seed that makes the favorites go to the last minute of the 5th or 7th game like the Nets did against Chicago. Prove to me that your shit is more than winning in the regular season or winning the scoring crown.

Cmon - how long have u been watching this sport to be over-hyped by the next young talent. Let shit play out for Jesus Shuttleworth's sake before you adorn these dudes without seein them in any REAL battles. For cried sake there were cats talmbout Darius Miles for a minute.

How many dudes have we seen since Jordan, get anointed way too early to see them get traded in their late 20s/early 30's to join a that new young team to help out. Or be given the second or third chance to help get a certain contender over the hump. Rasheed?

Shit you cats are talmbout Durant, and LeBron still has yet to get a ring. We've been waiting for this monster to win and aint shit happened. It took K.O.B.E. a long minute to win with HIS team, but you already have Durant right behind LeBron and K.O.B.E.? The jury is still out on Lebron. Dude is "a beast" but it dont mean much in my book. He's been certified Top 3 in the L, and he still hasnt pulled the sword outta the stone.

Im just sick of the hype and wanna see dudes pan out first before jumpin on the jock. Lebron was supposed to catch a ring a good three years ago....AND?

Dude....I watched them all....Walter Berry.....Beaver Smith.....Darius Miles.....DeJuan Wagner........Andre McCarter......Chris Washburn......Roy Tarpley.......dudes that could have been the truth.....but the difference is Durant is getting W's .....and THAT doesn't happen but every 10-20 years.....he's the real deal....I don't think that can be mistaken.....and next year I hope to see the next great player.....Blake Griffin.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Def Howard guards the paint, but I was thinking more Carmelo or Chris Paul or even D Wade. Them dudes are not really known for their defensive intensity or help for that matter.

Chris Paul, 2009 All defensive first team. Dwyane Wade, 2009 All defensive second team. Can't speak for Melo, but you can't name too many better defensive guards then CP3 or DWade. DWade is the first (and i believe still only) player 6'5" or under, to get 100 blocks in a season (at 6'4").

Sensational plays do not make a great defensive player. See: Bruce Bowen, Kendrick Perkins, Shane Battier, young D Fish, Kenyon Matin.

You just compared 3 forwards and a center (derek fisher being the only guard) to two guards. There is no way you can compare Chris Paul and Wade to Kendrick Perkins, I sure as hell wouldnt want two guards defending the paint. Again, sensational plays aside, if making the NBA all defensive team for your position doesnt qualify you as a good defender, I dont know what does.

When is the last time doc rivers assigned Kendrick Perkins to defend Chris Paul?

Dude....I watched them all....Walter Berry.....Beaver Smith.....Darius Miles.....DeJuan Wagner........Andre McCarter......Chris Washburn......Roy Tarpley.......dudes that could have been the truth.....but the difference is Durant is getting W's .....and THAT doesn't happen but every 10-20 years.....he's the real deal....I don't think that can be mistaken.....and next year I hope to see the next great player.....Blake Griffin.

Blake Griffin?

Blake Griffin's Game > Clippers History

Blake Griffin's Game > Clippers History

I hope Griffin and Durant bring both franchises some glory and continue to build on that.

But Stackhouse had his greatest Scoring year in Detroit.

you ride pretty hard for the Suns, u in Phoenix or what?

I'm in San Diego, CA...been a Suns fan since 2005 (well since I watched Nash and Dork on the mavs in Nash's last year on the Mavs)

I'll be moving to Phoenix or Tucson for school this fall, looking forward to attending my first game soon (gotta flip some records for a playoff ticket)

GO SUNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive seen Vin Baker,Derek Coleman and Brad Lohaus(at 2 guard for Nellie in NYC) play the perimeter and hit 3s at 6'10" dude. This aint shit to me.

U are part of the dick riding....and need some more NBA in yo life to see the patterns. But you young and get excited like The Last American Virgin delivering pizzas to Carmela house.

Check.

I saw Vin Baker and Derick Coleman play as well...Sam Perkins was smooth with the jumper too.

you seriously trying to compare those dudes with Durant?! lol

Rock is speaking truth. You on the other hand, just sound bitter and old. Things change my man. There's always SOMETHING good in every generation. There's just a LOT of it at an early age in today's game. You watch high school ball, you see that. It's just as simple as celebrating something good. no more, no less. And yes, I can't wait to see Blake Griffin play either.

You trying to put everyone against Jordan or Olajuwon maybe? You're gonna have a hard time enjoying any of the ever-evolving NBA action..and I'm speaking as a dude who likes seeing defense, rebounding, and chemistry in a team.

p.s. for Batmon's sake, please give the Knicks a LEBORING or two (not some B-grade Allan Houston ish)

• reskresk 391 Posts

quite possibly the biggest flop of history? FLOP to the infinite degree?

SUNS UP
    JAZZ DOWN
    DRAGIC THA DRAGON SHOWIN SOME EURO MOVES
    GINOBLIESQUE

DEALTH UTAH, DEALTH

SUNS UP
    JAZZ DOWN
    DRAGIC THA DRAGON SHOWIN SOME EURO MOVES
    GINOBLIESQUE

DEALTH UTAH, DEALTH

DRAGIC, TELL ME HOW MY AZZ TASTES.

naw, but Dragic is alright. He's a more than adequate back up for Nash.

Rose dunking on Dragic is impressive, but can he run a team like Dragic? Dragic can dunk too, believe it or not. It's okay tho, I think the Suns will leave the dunks to the STAT man and LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU