DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SORRY NUGGETS

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    you are absolutely correct
    but the size and potential to get stronger
    is

uhhhhh......

i seen this before - dudes prop these cats up way early and they languish in these small markets while management try to surround them w/ a Pippen-type.
    Awards and accolades later theyre just another big scorer with no Finals appearences.

Like i said earlier.....

NOT IN OKLAHOMA.

The difference with Durant is that he is winning....without the supporting cast....that's what is so impressive about the kid.

Disagree with OLDMON.

And to an extent to your comment Rock. There's some real talent in Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook. Although I do agree, Durantulla is doing it BIG out in OKC.

#1 Lakers can be taken out by #8 Thunder if LA doesn't step their game up. LA is looking real shaky right now. Thunder are capable of winning on the road too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    YUP

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Russell Westbrook's stats this year,

Russell Westbrook #0 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    16.2 8 1.3

lets compare to some other top PG's

Steve Nash #13 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    16.6 11 0.5

Rajon Rondo #9 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    13.6 9.7 2.4

Deron Williams #8 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    18.6 10.6 1.3

Jason Kidd #2 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    10.2 9.1 1.

Jameer Nelson #14 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    12.5 5.5 0.7

Derrick Rose #1 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    20.7 6 0.7

Mo Williams #2 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    15.8 5.3 1

Chauncey Billups #1 PG
    2009-10 STATS
    PPG APG SPG
    19.5 5.6 1.1

R.Westrook's seems pretty up there as one of the better point guards in the league. The only PG doing better in more than one category is D.Williams and Rondo, and that not by much. Durrant definitley not doing it totally alone. Not to take anything away from Kevin Durrant, I think he is super impressive especially at such a young age, and a versitile scorer. #2 in my books as this years MVP, but without Westbrook, OKC is not a playoff team (of course without Durrant, OKC doesnt get 20 wins this season).

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    is

uhhhhh......

i seen this before - dudes prop these cats up way early and they languish in these small markets while management try to surround them w/ a Pippen-type.
    Awards and accolades later theyre just another big scorer with no Finals appearences.

Like i said earlier.....

NOT IN OKLAHOMA.

The difference with Durant is that he is winning....without the supporting cast....that's what is so impressive about the kid.

Disagree with OLDMON.

And to an extent to your comment Rock. There's some real talent in Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook. Although I do agree, Durantulla is doing it BIG out in OKC.

Your the same dude that predicted that Micheal Beasley was gonna be a monster in the NBA.

Is Durant gonna be on the All-Defensive Team?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

John Paxson apparently tried to provoke a fight with Vinny del Negro by poking him in the chest and grabbing his neck tie after he played Noah more than his allotted minutes late last month. The Bulls front office is a joke and, time after time, has made del Negro, a pretty poor coach, a sympathetic figure. And yet... they might make the playoffs.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    SORRY NUGGETS

Yeah, the Nuggets are pretty sorry, you're right. Better luck next year. I don't see them doing anything in the playoffs this year. MAYBE they'll make it to round 2, but if they drop to 5 and don't have any home court advantage, I see them as 1 and done this year. Sad. What a waste of a season that was. GO HAWKS!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    #1 Lakers can be taken out by #8 Thunder if LA doesn't step their game up. LA is looking real shaky right now. Thunder are capable of winning on the road too.

The Lakers will make it to The Finals......then get bent over by Orlando or Cleveland

The Western Conference is waaaaay overrated

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Bent over by Orlando? You mean like last year? Right. And without Bynum? They can be beat. Dallas might even beat them. Even Laker fans are criticizing their team right now for not playing like a championship team should.

This Paxson/Vinny feud is kinda funny. I wonder if they'll just settle it or if Vinny will get the axe after the playoffs... Paxson is power-trippin'.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bent over by Orlando? You mean like last year? Right. And without Bynum? They can be beat. Dallas might even beat them. Even Laker fans are criticizing their team right now for not playing like a championship team should.

With or without Bynum no team in the west is physical enough or coached well enough to beat The Lakers in 7.......Orlando and Cleveland are the only teams in the NBA with enough size and half-court sense to beat the Lakers.....The only advantage L.A has against either eastern conference team is both are coached by morons

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This Paxson/Vinny feud is kinda funny. I wonder if they'll just settle it or if Vinny will get the axe after the playoffs... Paxson is power-trippin'.

They were going to fire Vinny anyway. But what makes the Bulls look even worse is that they gave Vinny a shitty team, which was hammered by injuries and then they traded away two of his starters and he still succeeded. So, they set Vinny up to fail and he didn't and yet he will probably get axed in spite of that.

I guess Charles Barkley said on TNT during the game last night that del Negro would probably kick Paxson's ass if it came down to it. I believe him. In any event, Vinny comes out as the sympathetic figure.

is

uhhhhh......

Like i said earlier.....

NOT IN OKLAHOMA.

Disagree with OLDMON.

Your the same dude that predicted that Micheal Beasley was gonna be a monster in the NBA.

I don't think so.

Up-and-coming stars in the league don't play D. GET WITH THE TIMES.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    is

uhhhhh......

Like i said earlier.....

NOT IN OKLAHOMA.

Disagree with OLDMON.

I don't think so.

Like Dwight Howard?

The Lakers will make it to The Finals......then get bent over by Orlando or Cleveland

The Western Conference is waaaaay overrated

Durant ain't scared of nothing. As long as your leader is playing that way, Westbrook and Green are gonna follow along. They are clearly more athletic and cohesive. With the Lakers, you got Bryant with a fractured finger forcing up the bulk of shots, Pau being hesistant to be physical inside, and then everybody else chucking up perimeter shots.

Lakers obviously have a better chance of advancing, cuz they got the most best coach and playoff experience from last year, but if you think it's gonna be cake walk to the NBA Finals, you're dead wrong.

That said, bring it on.

is

uhhhhh......

Like i said earlier.....

NOT IN OKLAHOMA.

Disagree with OLDMON.

I don't think so.

Like Dwight Howard?

Def Howard guards the paint, but I was thinking more Carmelo or Chris Paul or even D Wade. Them dudes are not really known for their defensive intensity or help for that matter.

Anybody want to see DAOLDHEADZ, San Antone or Boston advance? or at least, think they got a shot? I actually think San Antonio might have the better shot of facing the Lakers in the Conference Finals than Boston getting there. Boston's lost so many good role players since the last time they won the whole thing.

is

uhhhhh......

Like i said earlier.....

NOT IN OKLAHOMA.

Disagree with OLDMON.

I don't think so.

Like Dwight Howard?

Def Howard guards the paint, but I was thinking more Carmelo or Chris Paul or even D Wade. Them dudes are not really known for their defensive intensity or help for that matter.

CP3 was on the all - d team last year.

Regardless - you dudes are bamboozled by high scorers when that doesnt deem one "the Future".

Ive seen too many dude get hailed to slide into a 10 year career of nothin but a scorer. Dudes get the green light to shoot whenever and then realize they have to play both ends of floor to upgrade their game.
    Lebron and K.O.B.E. have committed to D. That shit is what gets u to the next level.
    Garnett's Defensive commitment is a big factor to the Celtic's ring. That shit rubs off on the team.
    Im not shittin' on Durant for his scoring, but lets really take a step back and check what gets dudes to the big dance. It more than putting the ball in the hole.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Durant is the best 21-year-old player on the planet.

There is no other young player in the league I would choose over him to build a team around.

In his second year he lead an overall mediocre team to 50 wins.

That's no weak sauce.

There is no other young player in the league I would choose over him to build a team around.

That's no weak sauce.

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!!

CP3 was on the all - d team last year.

Probably cuz he got steals...not the best indicator of good defense, imo.

Regardless - you dudes are bamboozled by high scorers when that doesnt deem one "the Future".

The speed, length, and shooting touch are incredible though. Defense is obviously another matter. He still got a couple more years to prove that's not all he has to offer as a player. Yaoming?

check what gets dudes to the big dance

^^^CLOSET COLLEGE GAME FAN

• reskresk 391 Posts

Chris Paul, 2009 All defensive first team. Dwyane Wade, 2009 All defensive second team. Can't speak for Melo, but you can't name too many better defensive guards then CP3 or DWade. DWade is the first (and i believe still only) player 6'5" or under, to get 100 blocks in a season (at 6'4").

Chris Paul, 2009 All defensive first team. Dwyane Wade, 2009 All defensive second team. Can't speak for Melo, but you can't name too many better defensive guards then CP3 or DWade. DWade is the first (and i believe still only) player 6'5" or under, to get 100 blocks in a season (at 6'4").

Sensational plays do not make a great defensive player. See: Bruce Bowen, Kendrick Perkins, Shane Battier, young D Fish, Kenyon Matin.

That's no weak sauce.

This is so played out.

Plus/Minus some deviation,

you're only as good in a regular season game as you are in practice...

only as good in a playoff game as you were in a regular season game...

You gotta build on something.

Most teams aren't Shaq/Kobe Lakers, were you just turn on "high" and get to work.

btw, Avery Johnson + Jalen Rose > Tim Legler + Jamal Mashburn

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

That's no weak sauce.

Depends what you're looking at....

If you're looking at putting people in the seats and making cash that will then allow you to build a better team the regular season means everything.

While it may eventually wear off, OKC is in LOVE with Durant & The Thunder and that equates to butts in seats and $$$$.

Only one team can be champs, and to therefore write off every other team is kinda silly.

If all that matters is who wins it all......why does NY even have a team??

That's no weak sauce.

Depends what you're looking at....

If you're looking at putting people in the seats and making cash that will then allow you to build a better team the regular season means everything.

While it may eventually wear off, OKC is in LOVE with Durant & The Thunder and that equates to butts in seats and $$$$.

Only one team can be champs, and to therefore write off every other team is kinda silly.

If all that matters is who wins it all......why does NY even have a team??

Let me contemplate that for a minute.......

AMARE JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY!!!!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Anybody want to see DAOLDHEADZ, San Antone or Boston advance? or at least, think they got a shot? I actually think San Antonio might have the better shot of facing the Lakers in the Conference Finals than Boston getting there. Boston's lost so many good role players since the last time they won the whole thing.

I want to see the Spurs advance, obviously. I feel like their margin of error is pretty small, but at the same time, they're playoff warriors, they're better than their record might indicate (they spent a lot of the season dealing with injuries, waiting for Jefferson to finally figure it out, etc.), Ginobili's ballin' outta control, Duncan may have slipped a bit but is still Duncan, etc. The odds are against them making the conference finals, I think, but they're still not an easy team to beat 4 games out of 7.