Question regarding The Wire

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited February 2010 in Strut Central
Does anyone know of a site to watch The Wire? I've never seen it and would like to start.

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    youtube has clips but you really should invest in the DVDs....

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    They're on YOUTUBE.

Start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K4Ihmz2Y3c

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I would watch them as quickly as you can before they get taken down.

b/w

How haven't u seen this?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Thanks. Yeah watching this has been on the to-do list for a couple years, I just haven't gotten around to it.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I finally started watching it myself this weekend after my friend who has really good taste in stuff highly recoemnded it. I have watched about half of season 4 - my question is, should i start at the first season or does it not matter?

• there are plenty of torrents up for each season.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Start at the beginning, you need to.

torrents all over the place.

but once you have watched it, youll end up buying the DVD boxset anyways, so you might as well do it now.

• Support the art man. The DVDs should be dumb cheap at this point. The only way more schitt like this ever gets made is if people actually buy the shit (word to Herm).

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I finally started watching it myself this weekend after my friend who has really good taste in stuff highly recoemnded it. I have watched about half of season 4 - my question is, should i start at the first season or does it not matter?

Yeah man, IMO you got to start at the begining or lots of shit will go over your head. Matter of fact ive just finished my 2nd run thru of the series and new shit keeps popping up....The Wire scripts are like Bomb Squad tracks...

I got s2,3,4 on proper DVD if you wanna borrow them. JBHIFI had em for $20 a pop on sale last 2 weeks.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Support the art man. The DVDs should be dumb cheap at this point. The only way more schitt like this ever gets made is if people actually buy the shit (word to Herm).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    You can get the entire 5 seasons on Amazon.com for $90

http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-Dominic-West/dp/B001FA1P1W

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah dude get the DVDs and watch it on a real screen.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I tried watching it when it was on demand sereval times only to fall asleep. I then powered my way through 3-4 episodes of Season 3 and stopped it just to begin with S1/E1. You have to, it's the best way.

• The Wire's issues come in DVD format???

• Get the VD

I mean the DVD's.

And watch on a big screen and start from 1, it's very true if you don't you will be lost and you won't bond with the characters. The cast is real big so you have to get everyones story.

• Like the rest of you, I'm a big fan, and have been meaning to own the complete series on DVD for a long time now. However I've heard some pretty serious complaints about the packaging of the box set, basically that they're stored in such a way that the DVDs are guaranteed to scratch. Anyone had the same experience?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Like the rest of you, I'm a big fan, and have been meaning to own the complete series on DVD for a long time now. However I've heard some pretty serious complaints about the packaging of the box set, basically that they're stored in such a way that the DVDs are guaranteed to scratch. Anyone had the same experience?

No, but I have read similar things in several places. I'd say each season separately is the better way to go on DVD.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'd say each season separately is the better way to go on DVD.

• Wait till the Blueray drops

• Like the rest of you, I'm a big fan, and have been meaning to own the complete series on DVD for a long time now. However I've heard some pretty serious complaints about the packaging of the box set, basically that they're stored in such a way that the DVDs are guaranteed to scratch. Anyone had the same experience?

I had heard that prior to receiving mine, but they were all good. Minor surface scuffs, maybe, but they played 100% perfectly.